Fired from job. Crushed

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

virginiawoolf
Nominee

Fired from job. Crushed

Post by virginiawoolf »

Last edited by virginiawoolf on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rose20
BRIT Award

Re: Fired from job. Crushed

Post by Rose20 »

Sorry to see that you are having such a bad time.
Although you write that you have tried counsellors/ therapists before please give it another try. It looks as though you haven’t got anyone to discuss your problems with or to give you emotional support which makes a big difference to how you feel when you go into meetings at work etc. Having someone to mull things over with and suggest different ways to approach a problem could help you in these situations.
Wishing you all the best for the future xx
virginiawoolf
Nominee

Post by virginiawoolf »

Last edited by virginiawoolf on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Contact ACAS.
They can be very helpful but you will need to state facts rather than give them too much personal information.
It sounds as though the company you work for is in breach of several things, do you have a contract?
Instant dismissal should only be done if something serious has happened, there are procedures that they should follow.
They will help you.
virginiawoolf
Nominee

Post by virginiawoolf »

Last edited by virginiawoolf on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Hi, it sounds like you’re going through a very difficult time. Not sure if this is suitable, as you said you’re a graduate, but have a look and apply, if you meet the criteria, it could help you with regards to making contacts in the industry, etc. https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEQHbZBBI6 ... l5c3h9c6k0
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time at the moment. I wouldn't worry about future employers - just make sure they are never asked for a reference for you. People change jobs all the time and for all sorts of reasons and its easy enough to just say it wasn't working out for you there/personality clash.

Needing more attention is the issue of being paid/access to pay slips. I would maybe see if you can talk to citizens advice and get some help as to exactly how to proceed or helping with wording correspondence.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/ ... ave-a-job/

Re work - I hear what you say about your home circumstances and location. Have you ever looked into promo work? My DD joined Promo Fo's on facebook after graduating as she had about 4 months before her professional contract started and no one wanted to employ her for such a short time (rural, not many jobs). Her work and hours were varied - 4 hour to 8 hour shifts (£10-12 ph). She did some work outdoors - leaflets, handing out samples of new products, some indoors - wrapping presents, working on a cake stall at a food exhibition. It may not be ideal and it is certainly not constant work but something you could perhaps look into while you are trying for a more permanent job.

Lastly, good luck
virginiawoolf
Nominee

Post by virginiawoolf »