What to do with Coat etc in an audition?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

What to do with Coat etc in an audition?

Post by Jellybabies »

Hello,

I have a quick question that may sound a bit silly, but I am not sure what to do!

Now that I am over 18 I don't travel to auditions with a parent etc, and so I was just wondering what people do with their things when they go to an audition? Previously I have left my things with my mum, but now I am not sure whether I should my coat and bag etc into the audition room with me, or ask the other actors waiting to watch my stuff. What does everyone else do? Thank yoU! :)
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Re: What to do with Coat etc in an audition?

Post by RoseTowers4 »

Everyone I've ever seen takes their things with them. If you left your coat with someone else they may be called into another room for a casting and might be in there for a while. You couldn't interrupt to ask for your things back.
Brighterthanstars
BRIT Award

Re: What to do with Coat etc in an audition?

Post by Brighterthanstars »

It depends on the situation, but often I just leave my bag and coat outside in the waiting room. If there are lots of people waiting it's unlikely to be stolen or anything and I think it's more professional and less awkward than dumping a big coat on the ground in the audition room. I see a lot of people doing the same. Tend to keep my phone in my pocket though as that's the most valuable thing on me. (ON SILENT!!!)

Generally try to sit next to a nice looking mum too- that's what my mum always told me to do when I first started going on my own x
If you think that you're too small to make an impact, try sleeping with a mosquito in the room.