Self Tape Success Stories

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Re: Self Tape Success Stories

Post by FredaBloggs »

Snap, sugarplumfairy - my DS had the same news last week. I wonder if it's the same series? Best of luck to your DD for her recall!

I definitely think self-tapes are a learning curve. DS got nowhere with them for ages but has had several recalls from tapes in the last 6 months, so I think we must be getting better at them (finally!).
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

FredaBloggs wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:06 pm Snap, sugarplumfairy - my DS had the same news last week. I wonder if it's the same series? Best of luck to your DD for her recall!

I definitely think self-tapes are a learning curve. DS got nowhere with them for ages but has had several recalls from tapes in the last 6 months, so I think we must be getting better at them (finally!).
I've just seen this! How strange that it was the same recall! :') lovely meeting you today :D fingers crossed for them both. Sounds like it will be a fab series x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

ScoobyDoo wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:32 pm Oh Sugarplumfairy that is grand news, fingers crossed for your DD and yes, you absolutely do not mind (and in fact love quite a bit!) spending the money on travel if you know you have been noticed :)
I think these days so many are doing self-tapes first that you cannot fail to start getting just the same opportunities as if you went in.
Thankyou so much :) she said it went well and she had a lovely time so that's the main thing :) x
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

x_sugarplumfairy_x wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:28 pm I've just seen this! How strange that it was the same recall! :') lovely meeting you today :D fingers crossed for them both. Sounds like it will be a fab series x
Lovely to meet you too - and still in awe of how far you travelled to be there! A great experience, and to get in that room was an achievement in itself for them both, regardless of the outcome.
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Oh gosh so late back to the party! sugarplum fairy and FredaBloggs I hope it went well for your DSs and how nice that you met :)
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

ScoobyDoo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:01 pm Oh gosh so late back to the party! sugarplum fairy and FredaBloggs I hope it went well for your DSs and how nice that you met :)
Aww thankyou so much, it went really well, she was lucky enough to be offered the role <3 super proud mummy.
Ah yes it was so lovely to meet Fredabloggs and her talented DS :) xx
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

Never a wasted opportunity even if not cast - it was a great experience for DS to be one of a small number recalled and to meet the director.

We're now looking forward to seeing sugarpplumfairy's DD play a great role :D
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Oh congratulations Sugarplumfairy that is lovely to hear and gives hope to people wondering about self-tapes. Fredabloggs, hopefully next time your DS will be the one celebrating, it is hard when you get that close, we know that feeling xxx