Film audition help!

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

auolique
Nominee

Film audition help!

Post by auolique »

I saw an open application on twitter for a role in a film, put myself forward and got an invite to audition (yay!)
But when I rang the casting agency to book the time slot, they told me that it is a casting day where they are trying people out for their books.
Is this normal or is this red flag alert?
I'm not sure whether they are using the casting day as the audition or is there has been crossed wires.
There was no mention of the film or audition so very doubtful and questioning whether I should pull out.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Re: Film audition help!

Post by Pandora II »

Personally I would pull out.

Reputable agencies have people constantly approaching them and if they were doing an open call to see new talent, then they would advertise it as such.

This strikes me as underhand behaviour and would make me worry about the people behind it and wouldn't get a professional working relationship off to a great start.

Have you googled or done a search on here for the agency concerned?
auolique
Nominee

Re: Film audition help!

Post by auolique »

Hi, thanks for your advice. I am thinking of pulling out as it just doesn’t seem right. I did research the agency, it seems quite small with very few reviews to go by. I don’t want to publicly name the agency but if anyone would like to direct message me then I can tell you.
Thanks again for the help.