Spotlight question

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Adrianna1312
BRIT Award

Spotlight question

Post by Adrianna1312 »

Hello all, DS now has an agent and is all set up on spotlight. I wondered how you view jobs available or even if you can at all?
Thank you x
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Spotlight question

Post by ScoobyDoo »

(Adriana1312 this is a copy of a post I put on about this recently)

Spotlight is an electronic noticeboard where casting directors post jobs and all the agents then get a notification that pulls up their most suitable clients and they will then send this off to the casting director.

Spotlight is the main tool used by agents, as a parent you will not see the emails or the jobs, only adult actors will be able to receive Spotlight notifications.
Adrianna1312
BRIT Award

Post by Adrianna1312 »

Thank you. I wasn't sure. When we were looking for an agent we had one tell us it would be up to us to look through the jobs and then tell her which we wanted to be put forward for! Sounds odd to me. We now have lovely agent who hasn't asked me to look through jobs at all! X
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

How bizarre, that agent sounds as if they did not know what they were talking about :? Glad you now have a good one
Griffer
GRAMMY Award

Post by Griffer »

ScoobyDoo wrote:How bizarre, that agent sounds as if they did not know what they were talking about :? Glad you now have a good one
And you'd be doing half of their work for them!