British Theatre Academy

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

swanny
GRAMMY Award

British Theatre Academy

Post by swanny »

Has anyone got any experience of this Acadamey.? Do they offer good experience?
If your child iis a professional would you sign them up for this too?
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Re: British Theatre Academy

Post by jennifer1972 »

My DD did In The Heights with them this half term just gone. It was a week of rehearsing then 3 shows. She really enjoyed it and felt that it was very professional, similar to what she did with YMT but this was free!! Any questions please pm me!
swanny
GRAMMY Award

Post by swanny »

thank you
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
BoosMum79
Nominee

Post by BoosMum79 »

The British Theatre Academy has lots of children currently working professionally and the CEO also casts for professional MT shows.

If you look at their website or FB page you will see lots more information including some pretty impressive alumni.

My daughter has been with them for the last 2 1/2 years and has had a wealth of opportunities (including currently being cast in The Woman in White - another BTA opportunity).

Hope that helps.
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

My DD went for a casting with them on the weekend. I was very impressed that it was all running on time, ended on time, and they were seeing a sensible amount of kids. It felt calm and organised. In quite a contrast to some other theatre training groups... No idea if she will get in but had to say what a nice experience.
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

Boosmum - is your dd with their regular theatre school then? My DD was trying for a summer production so I think a different set up?
HollyK
BRIT Award

Post by HollyK »

My ds went on sat. They had changed his slot last week via email from 4pm to 2pm no mention of age group change...... He turned up and it was no longer 13 plus boys (he is a small 14) instead it was 16+ girls and 3 other boys all looking 18 and my son all in 1 group. Not sure this was the best audition to have a 14 year old in, my son seemed very uncomfortable :cry:

I felt like a bad mum
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

Ah Holly how frustrating - that's all a bit last minute so dont be hard on yourself. It might mean he stood out which might be a good thing!
HollyK
BRIT Award

Post by HollyK »

Thanks x
He defo stood out ....unbroken voice and 5ft 2 ;)
He also sung his song once and it was too low and was asked to sing again higher, he did this for the first couple of lines then went back to singing too low and was asked to stop so not too hopeful...
Poor ds that was the nerves oh and not being quite sure what level his voice is right now :shock:
So glad im not 14 and auditioning :?