Assistance with Lamda monologue please

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Assistance with Lamda monologue please

Post by ScoobyDoo »

DS is going to be doing his Lamda grade 3 next month and the text he has chosen is the Black Beauty monologue, which is when Ginger sees Black Beauty for the first time in years. I am struggling with the staging of this as (I think I am right here) you are not supposed to do it as a 'horse', but does that mean he cannot use his hands to express himself. It is such a static scene that I am at a bit of a loss as to how to advise him to use the stage. Has anyone who has done this particular monologue able to give me any pointers I can pass on to him. Thank you as am feeling a bit :-k
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Re: Assistance with Lamda monologue please

Post by bethjaneg »

I had a student so this and she walked out with 96 distinction. She used her hands to sort of indicate the front legs. When she walked she lifted her feet and we did head movements as she comes close to Beauty. You know the way horses greet each other? Not sure if that helps? Feel free to pm me if you want :)
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Assistance with Lamda monologue please

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Hi Bethjaneg
Oh that is super helpful thank you, I was wrong about the animal thing then. I will PM you this evening if that is okay :)