Joining spotlight at 19 and agencies in Manchester

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

tikto
GRAMMY Award

Joining spotlight at 19 and agencies in Manchester

Post by tikto »

Hello
Looking for advice for my friend's daughter who is 19. I've only got young kids performers so I am not familiar with what happens when you're an adult.
My friend's daughter would like to find an agent to represent her. She has a lot of amateur experience (main roles in Shakespeare plays etc) and is a gifted musician but has no professional credits. She's also done short courses at RADA and was encourage to pursuit her dream of becoming an actress there. She's currently in her last year at Durham. She was wondering - can she join spotlight without an agent or professional credits and if so, would it help her to find an agent? What is the best way to go about It?
Another question we had is what are some recommended agencies based in Manchester that take on adults. I'm south based and gave her a few names in london but we were thinking as she's in Durham one more year, it's best to go with the northern one. Any advice greatly appreciated.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: Joining spotlight at 19 and agencies in Manchester

Post by islandofsodor »

The short answer is no, she can't.

To join Spotlight as a Young Person (aged 4-25) she would need to be signed by an approved Spotlight agency or training at an approved Spotlight Stage School.

As a graduate she would need to have trained on an accredited course.