boys classical ballet costumes

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

daisyjane
GRAMMY Award

boys classical ballet costumes

Post by daisyjane »

This is a query on behalf of my sister, whose son (13 years old) is doing very well with his ballet but she is being driven nuts by the difficulty of finding suitable costumes for his many dance competitions. Costumes for other dance genres are reasonably easy to obtain but it is very difficult to find suitable jackets and shirts for classical ballet pieces. Any bright ideas? She would prefer not to have to pay £££ for a dressmaker but it looks like that's the only option!
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: boys classical ballet costumes

Post by ScoobyDoo »

I also have a boy doing ballet (but younger 9) and yes it is a nightmare, I joined a Facebook group: Ballet Tutus And Dancewear For Sale Second Hand Or New and I keep an eye on there for any boys dance outfits, even if they are too big or I don't need them, I tend to snap them up 'just in case' (provided they are reasonably priced!). And of course e-bay, but have never found much on there.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

http://www.justballet.co.uk they have a stock of boys costumes & you can hire or buy. Sheila who runs the shop & website is very helpful & they do mail order.
daisyjane
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisyjane »

Thankyou lovely people!