DD is looking for accommodation in Portsmouth for Panto

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Katymac
OSCAR Award

DD is looking for accommodation in Portsmouth for Panto

Post by Katymac »

We are really struggling finding something she can afford - there is loads on the Isle of Wight but I doubt the ferrys run that late ;)

There are some theatre digs but they are expensive and some of them are with a male landlord and she feels quite nervous about living in someones house for 5 weeks never mind living with a male landlord

I get that she will have to get used to it but her first job and I'm a fusspot :roll:

I managed to find a lovely mum who would have her - it was all sorted & then we found out she has a dog & DD is allergic to dogs (& possibly fluffy cats - we have a siamese)!!!

Does anyone know of a cheap room to rent? Or would anyone like a lodger.....it's over Christmas so that makes it tricky!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Re: DD is looking for accommodation in Portsmouth for Panto

Post by lyndahill »

She should also look a short train distance away maybe - Portsmouth isn't the nicest of cities (sorry if anyone on here is from Portsmouth). The train route along the south coast has frequent stops so just outside, say Southsea, shouldn't be too far away and may be a little cheaper.x
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Is the one you found that has a dog on theatre digs booker as that has a few places listed for Portsmouth? Another place to look now your DD is an adult would be through 'The Hustle' page for dancers on facebook. Lots of performers on there who are used to finding accommodation for panto and could advise where to look.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Thanks she will look away but she needs to allow for public transport

Theatre digs are SO expensive! more than half her wages

No the nice mum was her dance teachers sister which would have been perfect

She is on The Hustle so I have told her to ask thanks