Tutoring/Chaperones

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Missella88
Nominee

Tutoring/Chaperones

Post by Missella88 »

I have just given up a 20 year primary teaching career and am now thinking about becoming a tutor/chaperone for performing chidren. I've completed all the necessary courses in order to be registered as a chaperone with my local authority as part of the requirements of being registered as the welfare officer for the local childrens football club. My question is how do I go about finding work, particularly as a tutor? I'm wondering if this is quite a closed world to break into? Thanks in advance for any feedback
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: Tutoring/Chaperones

Post by Irishdancer »

bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Post by bethjaneg »

Your person responsible for licensing at your local council should be able to put you in touch with agencies that book chaperones in your area. There is a website called Creative England where you can register yourself as a chaperone looking for work. Jam2000 are often looking for chaperone/tutors. Good luck!
Rose20
BRIT Award

Post by Rose20 »

Hi, my mother was a teacher and then tutored on set for a Harry Potter film etc. She found it quite enjoyable because the kids did work set by their schools. I think that was a teaching agency but could check X
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Post by mouskouri41 »

I'm sure that on Jo Hawes site there is a paragraph at the bottom saying she is always looking for chaperones .Haven't looked at her site for a while though.
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Def email Jo Hawes. May be worth trying schools such as Sylvia Young, Italia
Missella88
Nominee

Post by Missella88 »

Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies so far. I will have a look at everything suggested and see how I get on. Will keep you all updated with how far I get with this new quest :D