Musical theatre

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Musical theatre

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Hiii :) can anyone recommend any good personality musical theatre songs for an 8 year old girl? Preferably looking for one which allows lots of expression and personality as she loves to perform her songs but open to any suggestions :D tia x
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Re: Musical theatre

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Well, er, at the risk of being obvious, Naughty from Matilda? Castle on a Cloud? Something from Annie?
Less obvious - I want it now (Verruca Salt), Let me Entertain You (Gypsy), The Girl I mean to Be (Secret Garden), I know things now (Into the Woods)
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Post by bethjaneg »

Look at a show called Dear Edwina, lots of songs for youngsters. Also, Disney stuff - when will my life being from Tangled etc...
George'smum
BRIT Award

Post by George'smum »

A personal favourite is 'just because I'm a girl' from stiles and drew's goldilocks and the theee bears. You can download the music
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

biscuitsneeded wrote:Well, er, at the risk of being obvious, Naughty from Matilda? Castle on a Cloud? Something from Annie?
Less obvious - I want it now (Verruca Salt), Let me Entertain You (Gypsy), The Girl I mean to Be (Secret Garden), I know things now (Into the Woods)
Thankyou! Naughty and Castle on a cloud were her lamda exam pieces she got distinction with! So defo the kind of thing i was thinking of but sadly shes already done! So we're on the lookout for something new- would like something similar but less obvious is great too :) il have a look at the others you suggested :D x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Thanks for your help everyone! Im going to look them all up on youtube now as lots i havnt heard of :) xx
tikto
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikto »

George'smum wrote:A personal favourite is 'just because I'm a girl' from stiles and drew's goldilocks and the theee bears. You can download the music
I love your suggestion, George's mum. Do you know where to download the music from? Thanks
George'smum
BRIT Award

Post by George'smum »

I think if you look on the stiles and drew website they have a link to their sheet music. It's a great song and in a lovely key for younger voices