Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Anyone heard of this?

Post by Welsh Mum »

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this organisation:

http://www.havealook.net/representation

A teenage girl I know has been approached by them. The website looks OK but looks can be deceiving. She does not have an agent atm so is wondering if these might be OK. She is suspicious as they approached her (seen her details on CCP)

I offered to do some detective work ;)
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Anyone heard of this?

Post by pg »

No, no, no, no!

(Can you tell I don't think it would be a great idea :lol: )

The following, as ever, is my opinion and should in no way be considered anything to do with NAPM ( I don't work for NAPM but I know that NAPM sometimes gets blamed for the views I express - probably due to be me being a prolific poster - sorry admin!).

These people contact hundreds and hundreds of actors. They then offer workshops that you have to pay for.

This particular "agency" (Bdiscovered) has been discussed before on NAPM - though the thread may have disappeared now as I know the agent was unhappy.

Have a good look at the "showreels" and "photo portfolios" - they are simply dreadful - and they are charging people for these, suggesting that they will be useful to them :shock: .

Have a look at the testimonials. If they are the best they can do out their thousands of clients...

They represent huge numbers and will take on anyone - all you have to do is "add" them to Spotlight. There have been many discussions about this agency on another site I belong to - they target anyone and everyone and claim to be "influential" - they're not.
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Post by RoseTowers4 »

Well said pg =D>
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Thanks pg I knew I could rely on NAPM for advice :)
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.