Hay fever

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Hay fever

Post by Hecouldshine »

The rules used to say you couldn't take someone off the list when they were in the middle of a course of treatment - that can be interpreted in different ways. Usually it means someone's medical condition should be stable, not in the middle of investigations or acute treatment, when you ask them to register elsewhere. I've been retired for a year so it may be different now.
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Make sure she rinse out her nose with a saline solution as often as possible, that will help rinse out all those nasty alegies that are around, and stop the lining of he nose from becoming inflamed. Give my love to A, and do hope she is better soon. In the fast K has had steroid drops from doctors, they seemed to work well. :)
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

bruno2 wrote:Make sure she rinse out her nose with a saline solution as often as possible, that will help rinse out all those nasty alegies that are around, and stop the lining of he nose from becoming inflamed. Give my love to A, and do hope she is better soon. In the fast K has had steroid drops from doctors, they seemed to work well. :)
I know, but she currently does not have a doctor {evil}
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

riverdancefan wrote:Whichever London borough she lives in.. CCG is clinical commissioning group
LMC is local medical council...
For example if she lived in Bethnal green for instance, it might be Tower Hamlets CCG..

It will all be on the web if she types her postcode in :D
I have tried doing this but have no joy so far :(
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

I know you can buy beclomethasone steroid nasal spray OTC ... have got it before for my DS when we couldn't get an appointment with our own GP. It does take a while to kick in though. You can also safely double the dose of OTC antihistamines like loratadine and cetirizine or take those am and something like Piriton pm which might help. DD went on a trip to the WWI battlefields last summer and came back with terrible hayfever and he ended up taking double doses of oral antihistamines, a steroid nasal spray and both antihistamine and sodium chromoglycate eye drops to get it back under control. Is there a local out of hours GP your daughter could maybe go to or an out of hours service at her nearest A&E?
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

My dd is so bad that immunotherapy is the only option . It has to be done in the autumn and is usually done by 4 injections over 4 weeks. A gp will need to refer you so if that's bad speak to them soon . It's got to be worth a try!!
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Have wondered about immunotherapy for my DS ... do you find it works? I know it's really big in other Northern European countries ...
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

We are going to try it this autumn. The consultant said it could be done by injection or drops under the tongue but usually get much better results with the injections do I think this is what we will opt for.