Scholarship

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Georgeoliver
GRAMMY Award

Scholarship

Post by Georgeoliver »

Hi, not for me but a friend is asking how you find out about scholarship auditions for performing arts schools like Sylvia young. Her dd is due to go secondary school sept 2014. Does anyone know if they have these sort of auditions once a year and do you have to be invited or do they see everyone? Thanks :0)
Que sera sera
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Re: Scholarship

Post by Caroline A-C »

You will probably find this information by looking at the various schools websites. I know Tring Park have information on their website. The Stage also advertise scholarships to various schools. Of course, you could always ring the schools and ask. Some of the schools may well be starting their audition process very soon so good to started now. Good luck to your friend.
All new to me!
claret
GRAMMY Award

Post by claret »

Scholarship auditions for Sylvia's are advertised in the Stage and you apply via the paper as the scholarship is funded by them. I think it is announced around Feb time but check earlier just in case. Sylvia's also have an Amy Winehouse award funded by the AW Foundation but don't know when that is. Check the Amy website. Conti is also announced in the Stage in the same way, but don't know when their auditions are. As far as Tring is concerned I would recommend going to the Open Day in October where they explain how to apply. From memory you register for an audition and after this initial audition you are invited to audition for a scholarship place. Most of these schools offer bursaries in addition to the scholarships, these are means tested. It's a way of the schools keeping their charitable status. Obviously some schools have more funds available for this than others! Hope that helps.
Georgeoliver
GRAMMY Award

Post by Georgeoliver »

Thank you :D
Que sera sera