Saturday schools

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

the mumster
BRIT Award

Saturday schools

Post by the mumster »

DD currently goes to a Saturday school, but she is finding a little bit unstructured - lots of improvised games etc in the drama part and more of a singalong in the vocals bit. Most of the children there are not very experienced and I think, as she has been in a few shows, she would like something a little more advanced. Thinking of trying either Pineapple or Italia Conti - anyone know what these are like or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance,
Its the posh, posh travelling life, the travelling life for me ......
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Re: Saturday schools

Post by Livvyvicky »

Where are you ? :D
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

How old is your dd? I am thinking about Pineapple and am doing a workshop there soon. Pm which classes she would do or if you want info on the workshop
Phoebe xx
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Pineapple Performing arts or PPAS is on Sundays, and is a three hour dancing singing and acting basis, albeit good and split into age groups with some excellent children attending, and great tutors.

Here is a thread about the London COnti Saturday school, although there are associate schools and a couple near you in SE London , the day is split into dedicated hours, ie, singing, modern, tap, drama, musical production etc etc, more focused and intense.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19825

D and B performing arts is an option as is Gillham School of Performing Arts depending on wether you want to travel into Kent...

:D
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE