Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

DanceMadMummy
BRIT Award

Theatre Schools Enquiry Stagecoach or Scream

Post by DanceMadMummy »

Hi Everyone

I am new to NAPM and this is my first post :D

I am going to be signing my DS up to a theatre school for the new term starting September but I cant decide where is best I am still in the midst of all my research but looking for somewhere in the North West area. DS will be 5 and is already attending classes in Tap and Ballet.

I have looked at Scream Theatre School and Stagecoach and wondered if anyone has any experience of either of these schools and what your opinions were.

I look forward to hearing from you x
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Theatre Schools Enquiry Stagecoach or Scream

Post by pg »

Hi DanceMadMummy - welcome to NAPM!

The problem with Stagecoach is that it's a franchise - so it will depend on the specific one you are planning to join. Some are apparently really great, some less so.

I think at age 5 the important thing is for him to have fun. Can you ask for a couple of trial sessions at each and see what you and he think?
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

Hi, I dont know the north west at all but I had a friend who moved to that area (not exactly sure where) and there younger sister went to stagecoach when she was about 5 and had a great time but grew out of it in only a few years. I don't know scream but certainly for stagecoach you might want to be prepared to move in a couple of years xx
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

You'll probably find some interesting advice here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19532

This subject has been discussed quite a lot on these forums so, as you are new here, why not grab a cuppa, put your feet up and work your way through the threads - old and new? You'll get lots of amazing insight from many NAPMs who have shared their experience over the years. I'm sure it will help your DS on his way.

Good luck

Deb x
Georgeoliver
GRAMMY Award

Post by Georgeoliver »

Thanks for posting that flosmum :D I'm pulling my hair out and not sure what to do with ds next :cry: (he's 8 now) he has been going to stagecoach for about two years and has had lots of fun but he has really grown out of it. He has just done his yearly show and was singing songs that I would say are more suited to a five year old. I didnt think the dancing was very good, even by the older students. Ds did a proffesional show over christmas and seemed to of learnt more in that show than he has the last year at stagecoach. We are based in Essex but I am starting to think I might need to travel to London for saturday schools! Please help, what are my options for performing arts schools? I'm starting to look online and I see sylvia young has a saturday school and urdang. Are there anymore? :?
Que sera sera
michbv
GRAMMY Award

Post by michbv »

My DS has been going to Stagecoach Liverpool since the age of 6 and he's 9 now. He loves it.
Worth a trial day at both and see what you reckon?
Good luck :)

www.starnow.co.uk/adambeaver
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Well, he's coming up to a good age to start auditioning for professional stuff. If theatre is his thing and you can cope with trips to London and he isn't over-tall, why not put him forward for West End Roles?

If he'd like to do TV, films or commercials why not look for an agent for him? Top Talent have workshop auditions in the near future - check out the threads about them and maybe see if he can go along? Other agents are available - just work your way through the threads on this forum for all the advice you could ever need and more.

Good luck - let us know how you get on

Deb x