**MY APOLOGY**

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

jmartin
BRIT Award

**MY APOLOGY**

Post by jmartin »

Last edited by jmartin on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Even if you're little you can do a lot you mustn't let a little thing like little stop you!!(:
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: **MY APOLOGY**

Post by pg »

I've read it!

Thank you for your apology. I hope you come back :D

Good luck for the GCSEs

The site is here for advice and support - and will hopefully still be here if you need it in the future. Good luck with the search for local things - I'd love to hear about what you do, so keep me posted. That's the great thing about the site - amateur shows or Hollywood blockbusters; they all matter and they can all be celebrated and talked about here.
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Good luck with your exams :)
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Good luck for your future, jmartin - don't give up on your dreams!

Performing arts is a tough tough world. Brutal, in fact. Developing a thick skin and resilience is essential. As is self-reliance and the capacity to figure things out for yourself.

You'll get a lot of information, help and support on this forum, but only you can work out how to engage with it and what you want to do with it. Bear in mind that the written word can seem brusque when it's meant to be helpful - especially when it has to be interpreted across cultures and generations.

Hope your GCSEs go well for you and, if you want auditions and opportunities to perform, that you're able to find the right opportunities for you too.

Deb x
jmartin
BRIT Award

Post by jmartin »

bruno2 wrote:Good luck with your exams :)
Thank you:)
Even if you're little you can do a lot you mustn't let a little thing like little stop you!!(:
jmartin
BRIT Award

Post by jmartin »

Thank you, I do hope I'm not being too melodramatic :L x x
Good luck to all of you too
-jmartin
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

Congratulations on your post!! It is very well written and articulate, I hope I don't sound like patronising but you sound good in English. Try also to write lots of short stories, recently theatres are starting course/producing young writers (as Royal Court, Lyric Hammersmith). Theatre is not just acting, there are loads of people working in there.
I don't know where you live, bear in mind that locally doesn't necessarially means amatorial, could be also an important theatre doing Young People initiatives (the Globe does, and the list could be very long). Our local is Lyric Hammersmith and for my dd it is a second home.
Doodoos
GRAMMY Award

Post by Doodoos »

I've read it and wish you the absolute very best in all you do. My initial post wasnt aimed at children, adults also do the same, something good will come for you, in the meantime enjoy every moment of your experiences! :)
jmartin
BRIT Award

Post by jmartin »

begolina wrote:Congratulations on your post!! It is very well written and articulate, I hope I don't sound like patronising but you sound good in English. Try also to write lots of short stories, recently theatres are starting course/producing young writers (as Royal Court, Lyric Hammersmith). Theatre is not just acting, there are loads of people working in there.
I don't know where you live, bear in mind that locally doesn't necessarially means amatorial, could be also an important theatre doing Young People initiatives (the Globe does, and the list could be very long). Our local is Lyric Hammersmith and for my dd it is a second home.
Thank you, that's very kind :) I love english;-)
Kez
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kez »

Hi jmartin, I felt a bit sad reading your post as you feel you have annoyed people. Well I hope you still carryon using napm for information you need even if you do not post. As I see there are a lot of members that view but never post and I think it takes a bit of nerve to post when it is a worldwide audience. Good luck with your future and as you say never give up on your dreams :D
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

I agree - never give up on your dreams.
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

I feel sad too and don't think you have anything to apologise about. Its not always immediately apparent how things work. Young people should have every encouragement in this business. :)
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

I agree with JTBmum and everyone else's posts, never think posting any kind of question on here is silly or daft, we all have to start somewhere as you say and whether some questions have been asked before, it's hard to trawl through all the posts looking for answer to same question , just feel free to ask, we've all done it - and still are !! this is great forum to get information and share our experiences and there's always someone who knows the answer - You don't need to apologise for anything - hope you come back here and keep posting, don't be put off.
jmartin
BRIT Award

Post by jmartin »

:)
Last edited by jmartin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

jmartin, just a quick note. You have written a higher number of posts in 2 weeks then me in a year, maybe that could be the problem? :-k