Casting videos!

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Georgeoliver
GRAMMY Award

Casting videos!

Post by Georgeoliver »

Hi, my ds has been asked to send a short informal video to introduce himself through YouTube. This is something we have never done before and I'm hoping that once I have uploaded a video to YouTube I will then be able to work out how to attach the link to an email! ( not very good at all this ](*,) )
My question is.. What sorts of things should I tell him to talk about in the video? Name, age, Hobbies, year at school and what else? Can anyone help please :D He is only 7 so will be expecting me to give him ideas.
Que sera sera
jooles
GRAMMY Award

Re: Casting videos!

Post by jooles »

I would imagine that's all you need to include if he hasn't been asked to read a monologue etc
All the best
Jooles
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Casting videos!

Post by pg »

I agree with Jooles, I think you've more or less covered it with that.

Other ideas might be pets or a favourite place. I think it just needs to be something he enjoys talking about, they probably don't really need the information. :lol: They'll just be looking for his personality really I should think - though it's not always easy to capture this truthfully on a casting video as it's such an artificial thing to do! Can you give us an idea what it is for (without giving too much away) - e.g. is it for a TV show/quiz/game or is it for a film or TV drama?
Did they give any advice on length?