Mime Video Audition HELP

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Mime Video Audition HELP

Post by Irishdancer »

Ds has to do a video audition for a film which he is ok with has done a few before there are a few lines but he has to mime the rest he has never done mime before in Tommy Zoom he filmed 30 eps where he was not allowed to speak he could not mouth any thing had to use his face, but mime is different. Has any one got any advise for him, it hard enough having to do a video audition but to have mime it going to be very hard. Just hope some one can give him advise as I don't have a clue
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Mime Video Audition HELP

Post by pg »

That sounds really difficult!

I can only suggest filming himself miming various things (maybe recording the lines and playing them whilst miming) and seeing what he looks like and how he feels about it. I think, if I had to mime, I would practise doing the lines as though the sound was turned off in my head. I wondered whether he could do it as though he had lost his voice but I suppose the danger is then over-emphasising mouth movements and facial expressions.

Can you give a bit more information about why miming is needed and what he would be miming to? Is is someone with a different sort of voice, or is he miming to a song or something? Or do you mean, miming like a mime artist - like charades?

He has my sympathies!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Can't say to much but he speaks some of the lines then has to mime like a mime artest
frisbee
GRAMMY Award

Post by frisbee »

Yes we've done this one (Paris in the Springtime would be nice) wonder how many others have gone for this? Don't know about you but we had a terrific giggle doing it, poor little dog! :)
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Ds decided not to do it in the end child dose not go to Paris only adult was too far to go for a freebie for us good luck
In4aPenny
GRAMMY Award

Post by In4aPenny »

Never mind - next time.
poohstix
BRIT Award

Post by poohstix »

Ds has been asked to audition for this today so I guess theyr'e still looking. It looks interesting but don't think he'll go for it - no idea how to mime what they want! Nice to be asked tho, good luck to anyone else going for it.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

us too - but he isn't available for the filming days sadly
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Yes, my ds too but it is too far and wrong dates for us - hope someone on here gets it!