Lost with a 5 yr old

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

coniger
BRIT Award

Lost with a 5 yr old

Post by coniger »

As ds is only just 5 (last week) I think I may be here prematurely!

I applied to Bizzykidz, Elizabeth smith and Ann koska Sally king and we got a yes from all 3. I then applied to Abacus and c& j and then won't give a decision as books apparently closed. I also don't think he has got the experience for them.

I signed him with koska/king in the interim but that has been radio silence which is fine and we can be patient! I don't want to sign him to a modelling agency I just want him to go out get some experience and have fun! He goes to school of the arts on the weekend which he loves but any ideas what I can do with him for now.

Thanks

con
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Lost with a 5 yr old

Post by mathsmum »

where do you live?

why do you and he want him to act? is he driving you mad cos he has too much energy? does the family need the money? is he desparate to perform?

do you have a day job - how flexible about time off can you be? how does his school feel about him taking time off - or are you home-edding and adding this to the syllabus?

let us know more about you both - we're all here for so many different reasons it would make your head spin
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
coniger
BRIT Award

Post by coniger »

We live outside Windsor

No we don't need the money. The drive for him to perform definitely does not come from me - having worked as an agent for a huge US adult entertainment agency it is something I did not want for any of my children! He sings and dances his way through every day while the rest of the family look on wondering where he got this "need" from - rest of my kids think he is mad and me I am trying to be a supportive mother and letting my children realise their dreams either through success or failure. School is supportive and I have flexible career now - I guess I don't want him to turn around in 15 yrs time and tell me he did not get the support from us

And I have not asked my old place of work as it will all be us based and I rather like being here!! Thank you for reading this and sorry for being so jumbled!

So that's us in a nutshell! :D
Coco
GRAMMY Award

Post by Coco »

Sometimes I think it's just in them and it sounds as though your little dc is one of those kids. I didn't encourage my older one much and my younger one even less, but they both just loved doing it! I guess it was bound to happen though as my dh and I met whilst we were in the same production. And both our grandparents were music hall performers, I guess it's in the genes!

It's wonderful your little chap enjoys it so much. It's great he's got some representation already ! Don't worry if you don't get a response from Abacus straight away, they see kids on only once or twice a year and they don't always respond in the mean time. A&j I think usually see children by way of a workshop audition every 2 or 3 months I think, so you don't always have such a long wait to hear from them.
Good luck :D
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Hi Coniger

I've sent you a pm

Kind regards

Px