Drama & Musical Theatre Parties

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Drama & Musical Theatre Parties

Post by Caroline A-C »

I have just been browsing the Theatre Royal Windsor's website and see that they offer "drama and musical parties" for children aged 4-20 years old. Has anybody any experience of these as they sound like something a bit different. I am particularly interested to hear what these parties are like for the 13+ age group. If anybody has had/been to one of these parties, I would love to hear what you thought.
All new to me!
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Re: Drama & Musical Theatre Parties

Post by Lakeviewp »

Hi Caroline A-C

I had these parties for my boys when they were younger and they were great!

I can't comment on how it would be for older kids, if you decide to go ahead, let us know how you get on!

For the younger ones they had a choice between a drama party or a pop star party. For the drama party all the kids dressed up in costumes provided by the theatre and they put together a short sketch which the parents were asked to come back and watch at the end. They were quite young (I think they were about 6 or 7) at the time and the results were hilarious. We've never laughed so much! :lol:

It was very improvised, but the kids loved it and the birthday tea and cake were all provided. As parents it was great as all we had to do was sit back and watch.

For the pop stars party they were taught a routine to a pop song (I think we had SClub 7).

The parties are held in either the stalls bar or the circle bar. Every child left with a certificate. (important when you are six! ;) )

I love the Theatre Royal in Windsor. It has such a nice feel to it, historic yet buzzy.

Hope this helps!

Px