When to apply to an agency?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

cupcake13
BRIT Award

When to apply to an agency?

Post by cupcake13 »

Hi everyone :) right, so my DD is 15 at the moment, but is 16 in november, so we were just wondering when/whether she should start searching for representation, and sending off her CV and headshots now in time for November. Or should we wait until she is actually 16. Also, should she start applying for more adult agencies now she wont need a license, and if so what are the best onces? Also (sorry for all the questions! :oops: ) we live in Sheffield, so is it worth getting an agent based here, or just getting one in London? Thanks very much! :)
**Never give up**
charlotterose
BRIT Award

Re: When to apply to an agency?

Post by charlotterose »

I'm in a similar position in the mo so i'd love to hear what other posters say but my advice would be apply to adults agents (when adult mean over 16 to the agent in question) because most 'Teenage' agencies stop representing teenagers at 16 from my experience. I don't think it would be worth signing o to a child/teen agency in the meantime unless the agency you sign with represents adults too. But thats just my opinion
Hope that helped a bit... :D
~Acting demands everything.If you don’t give it everything,there will be someone behind you who will~
www.youtube.com/charlotteroseog
GypsyMumNot!
GRAMMY Award

Post by GypsyMumNot! »

Sorry to put a spanner in the works, but even if your dd is 16 in Nov, I think she will still need a license until June of next year - that's the Child Licensing rules I believe? IE the end of the academic year.

Think your gonna have to put it off for a while.... 8)
And all that jazz...!
Coco
GRAMMY Award

Post by Coco »

yes i think your are right Gypsymumnot. The lady at my dd's agency told me licensing required until end of june for all year 11's. (New official school leaving age)
cupcake13
BRIT Award

Post by cupcake13 »

oh, i see! thanks a lot gypsymumnot i didnt realise that. guess we'll just have to wait a while :)
**Never give up**
threecees
BRIT Award

Post by threecees »

Last edited by threecees on Wed May 02, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angela
BRIT Award

Post by Angela »

My ds in year 9 thought they had to stay till 17 and the ones in year 8 until 18.
The thought makes him tremble if he had to do more academics after year 11.
May change his mind but if not will have to hope he gets to a vocational college or 6th form.
If not wants to do bricklaying so I suppose he has a back up plan.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: