Those of you without agents?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

cupcake13
BRIT Award

Those of you without agents?

Post by cupcake13 »

Hi
Me and my DD are quite new to this whole thing and she does not have an agent as of yet.
She has one friend who gets quite a lot of local proffessional theatre jobs, although she does not have an agent either, so i was just wondering how those of you without agents find out about LOCAL auditions? Thanks a lot :)
**Never give up**
nancyboo

Re: Those of you without agents?

Post by nancyboo »

There are various sites you can go on, some you have to pay for, some you don't - mandy.com, talentcircle.org, starnow.com, those all seem quite popular and have a lot of work on, including some theatre and they cover the whole country, so you are able to narrow the search to your locale.
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

Also keep an eye on your local papers and The Stage newspaper and to gaim somre more experience you might want to look at am dram sites you can search for ones near you on this site http://amdram.co.uk/groups/

Good luck

Dawn .x.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) '99
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Hi there

Just to mention that if you're considering professional work then quite often auditions for shows local to you are still quite often held elsewhere (often London). Frustrating but true! If it's a local professional pantomime then auditions for children's roles will normally be held locally (though adult principals will still often audition elsewhere). For pantos at your local theatre, get in touch with the management at the theatre and ask them how it is arranged.

Other auditions often depend on the whereabouts of the production company. It also depends upon whether the show itself is produced by the local theatre or whether it's a touring company. If you get onto the mailing list of all your local theatres then you will be amongst the first to get season brochures. This will give you the name of the production companies of all the shows. You can then indentify any shows which look as though they may involve young people and you can then contact the production companies and ask about their casting procedures. Some shows will already be cast, but many shows have not completed their casting by the time the theatre season brochures are produced so this can be a useful source of information.
cupcake13
BRIT Award

Post by cupcake13 »

Thankyou very much for all your info and i'll definitely check it all out regularly :)
**Never give up**