Sylvia Young Theatre School

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

cupcake13
BRIT Award

Sylvia Young Theatre School

Post by cupcake13 »

Hi,
my dd has been interested in performing for quite a long time now and as time goes on, she is getting more and more enthusiastic and now says she can't imagine herself doing anything else. She has been expressing a lot of interest about attending Sylvia Young, she is 14 and i am a bit reluctant for her to leave home but am willing to support her. I was just wondering any experience you have with Sylvia young and anything about whats it like?
Thanks a lot :)
**Never give up**
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Re: Sylvia Young Theatre School

Post by cookycrew »

Have you considered her doing the weekend classes? I know of someone a little further North than where you are & they go every Saturday to SY. Her dd has singing, dancing & drama starting late morning & going on to mid afternoon. That would at least give your dd more experience before making a big decision to go at 14 full time? Just a thought :D
dannieboo-007
BRIT Award

Post by dannieboo-007 »

Hi cupcake13 - my DS is at SY - in yr 8 - and absolutely loves it! :D He's had some wonderful opportunities since he's been there and has grown in confidence and as a performer. My 9 yr old DD is starting Thurs eve classes & going to Summer School in August; might be worth trying Holiday school as well?
Be happy.
cupcake13
BRIT Award

Post by cupcake13 »

hi dannieboo, i would send her to summer schoolthis year but it clashes with the holiday :(
aw yeah it does sound great! Does your son board? Also, what has to be the level of dance because she is grade 2/3 at ballet, modern and tap? Thanks :)
**Never give up**
ziggy
BRIT Award

Post by ziggy »

cupcake13 wrote:hi dannieboo, i would send her to summer schoolthis year but it clashes with the holiday :(
aw yeah it does sound great! Does your son board? Also, what has to be the level of dance because she is grade 2/3 at ballet, modern and tap? Thanks :)
You could try an experience day (in october?). Dancing isnt vital as its a more drama based school anyway.
dannieboo-007
BRIT Award

Post by dannieboo-007 »

Hi Cupcake - he commutes as we're only an hour from London. When he started, he was Grade 3/4 Ballet & Tap and has really come on - they are in ability groups for Dance. Some kids have loads of dance experience when they start whereas others haven't really had any formal dance training.
Be happy.
cupcake13
BRIT Award

Post by cupcake13 »

Hi,
Oh okay that sounds great :)
Your lucky youlive quite close as we live about 2 hours and a bit away on the train :(
Thanks for all your help anyway though!
**Never give up**