Do you put your child's success before everything?

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

francine1983
Nominee

Do you put your child's success before everything?

Post by francine1983 »

Hi

I'm a journalist working for a women's magazine and I'm looking to speak to mums who put their child's success before everything else. I want to speak to mums whose daughters are top dancers and scrimp and save every penny and give up their social life to make sure their child is the best. If your child being a brilliant dancer is the most important thing to you, I want to hear from you.

This is a debate piece and on the flip side I'd like to speak to mums who think you shouldn't have to sacrifice too much for your child to be the best, that's it important they have a normal life and dancing doesn't come before everything else.

If you would like to be involved in this piece, please email me at: francineanker@yahoo.co.uk. I'll only need 15 mins on the phone and a fee is available.

We would need you and ideally your child to be pictured.

Thanks,

Francine
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: Do you put your child's success before everything?

Post by francescasmum »

I'm sure there are a few threads you forgot to post this on! :shock:
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

^^^^. =D> =D>
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

francescasmum wrote:I'm sure there are a few threads you forgot to post this on! :shock:
I do with there was a like button here :lol:
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

Just Mums with dancing Daughters you're looking for, is it? Bit of stereotyping going on if you ask me. Will your magazine article reflect this as well?

There are also such things as Dads - and Sons dance too, you know!

(I would put this comment on all the threads you've started, but, to be honest, I simply don't have the time)
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

What happened to the idea of looking for the truth - or just a single, interesting true story, even if it's an unusual one - and then writing an article about that?

As opposed to deciding upon a "story" and then trying to find people to fit it - which is what this seems to be?

Does an editor say: "go and find some people we can point at and hold up for ridicule" ?
James C
BRIT Award

Post by James C »

I'm a dad, guess im not good enough with the whole wanting mum bit :D don't take that as wanting to talk to the journo because I don't. but for your information I meet lots of dads out there who do the auditions/run them about to jobs. we are all quite normal really.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

If you google Francine Anker you will find many of her articles for reading - she does tend to put a spin on the stories, that don't paint some of her subjects in perhaps the light they thought they would get. I'd strongly advise reading what she does with her stories before contributing.