Is it just me or.....

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

SNN
BAFTA Award

Is it just me or.....

Post by SNN »

I've been watching clips of the Broadway cast of Matilda performing and they just don't excite me like the English cast do, however the Bruce I saw was AMAZING, very cheeky and full of energy.
So is it just me or does the Matilda Broadway cast not 'do it for you' like the West End cast does?
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Re: Is it just me or.....

Post by TalyaB »

Must confess - I thought that too, but I assumed that I'm just biased. I think most of them perform every day - maybe they're exhausted!
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Yeah maybe, but its just the way they perform its too americanised! It doesn't have the childlike rawness!
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

I'm sure they'll have been through the same rigorous audition process that the British cast have experienced, have worked hard and rehearsed with diligence and commitment. So they deserve our appreciation for what they do.

There are enough people in the world who are prepared to take a pop at kids who perform - lets keep it positive on here. The fact that they have made the cast means they are top of their game, and we all know that this doesn't happen by accident. :D

And if there are any American NAPMs reading this - especially if your DCs are part of the cast - well done to them, and well done to you too =D> =D> =D>

Deb x
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Flosmom wrote:I'm sure they'll have been through the same rigorous audition process that the British cast have experienced, have worked hard and rehearsed with diligence and commitment. So they deserve our appreciation for what they do.

There are enough people in the world who are prepared to take a pop at kids who perform - lets keep it positive on here. The fact that they have made the cast means they are top of their game, and we all know that this doesn't happen by accident. :D

And if there are any American NAPMs reading this - especially if your DCs are part of the cast - well done to them, and well done to you too =D> =D> =D>

Deb x
I feel kinda guilty now :( they are very talented and I know, from YouTube comments, that a lot of people do like them A LOT, but I just prefer the west end cast, no offence intended at the broadway cast whatsoever! I am extremely sorry if I did insult any American NAPMers or anyone in the show!
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Flosmom wrote:I'm sure they'll have been through the same rigorous audition process that the British cast have experienced, have worked hard and rehearsed with diligence and commitment. So they deserve our appreciation for what they do.

Deb x
You're right, and my comment was wrong. From reading stuff written about the two versions, it's clear that they're tailoring the productions for each audience. If we like ours better and they like theirs better, then they've got it right. And well done to them for the accents too - another whole element that the kids here don't have to take on. However, as a Matilda parent, two/three days a week was plenty, though obviously it can be different if the kids are living in.