Des Halmilton

Chat with new friends about anything

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dodger'smum
BRIT Award

Des Halmilton

Postby Dodger'smum » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Did anyone hear the interview earlier this week on Radio 4 regarding casting in big budget films? Des Hamilton is exasperated by the massive improbability of a British unknown being cast in anything big budget. As the economy gets tighter the big names are needed to pull in the audiences, particularly in China (currently saving Hollywood's bacon apparently). He said the best scenario a hopeful can ask for is if a leading name pulls out and there's very little time to recast.
I think there's nothing really surprising here, it's just so sad. Look at how fantastic Daniel Kaluuya was in Get Out last year.

Dodger'smum
BRIT Award

Re: Des Halmilton

Postby Dodger'smum » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Sorry, typo in the heading. Des Hamilton ofcourse.

Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Re: Des Halmilton

Postby Gatesheadangel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 pm

I heard it in the car and it was a really interesting item. He mentioned Get Out and Lady Macbeth for their casting - I saw both of them and they were brilliant films. He also mentioned God's Own Country so I'm putting that on the 'must watch' list.

I did wonder though how much this was a recent issue or whether it has always been the same for films.

On TV and the radio there seems to be a few actors who keep on popping up all the time over and over. I know they are good but especially on the radio I think the new actors should be given a chance to get some experience (and money to keep going!).

Return to “General Conversations”