Annie in the West End!

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Re: Annie in the West End!

Post by Ditzi »

I agree with totallyclueless, we've been in a similar situation and she was recalled.
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Yes it's hard to tell isn't it. At least she isn't expecting a recall so won't be disappointed.
Hope your Dds enjoy their day. My Dd said it was really fun
dws2015
BRIT Award

Post by dws2015 »

We are going in this afternoon but have only been told to prepare verse and chorus from any MT song (but not Matilda guess they're sick of that one!). Wonder why the difference in pieces to prepare. Thanks to the virus that is sweeping the nation at the mo, DD's voice is more of a crackle and rasp than a voice - ](*,)
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Maybe they are sick of hearing the same song! I know I was :D The last round of Annie auditions we did the same-any MT song of choice.
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Post by Totallyclueless »

Ditzi wrote:We are going on Sunday! :)
How did it go? I know of a couple of Kids who went, said it was quite stiff competition
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Hi there, stiff competition for sure, but we expected that. Dd thinks it went ok, but she didn't go into head voice when she was meant to in her solo and is now worried it could work against her as that's definitely what suits her voice. They didn't get to sing happy birthday as they said they would in the email. I think she expects not to get a role but I know she would be very disappointed if she didn't get a recall as every West end audition she had so far she got very close. X
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Ditzi wrote:Hi there, stiff competition for sure, but we expected that. Dd thinks it went ok, but she didn't go into head voice when she was meant to in her solo and is now worried it could work against her as that's definitely what suits her voice. They didn't get to sing happy birthday as they said they would in the email. I think she expects not to get a role but I know she would be very disappointed if she didn't get a recall as every West end audition she had so far she got very close. X
Bless her it's horrible for them analysing after. Will keep my fingers crossed for her
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Thank you. How did everyone else get on?
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

I haven't heard much from anybody. Usually there's loads of people that I hear of going for Annie. I think there's more first rounds next Sunday
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Couple of ex Matilda's went
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Somebody posted on FB that they have recall
dws2015
BRIT Award

Post by dws2015 »

We went on sunday -- it was classic first round "cattle call" (to quote another theatre mum). I think they saw about 150 on Sunday -- multiply that by however many days they are doing!! All very talented young girls. I'm sure they will be spoilt for choice!
Dogcop - that's surprising that someone already has a recall when they are still doing first rounds next weekend? Ah the great ship showbiz. She moves in mysterious ways!
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

I think SY have had list of recalls from the Friday. Yes, it's no good trying to second guess them! :D
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

There are also some kids in the running from the tour auditions so they may have quicker recalls?
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Dogcop wrote:I think SY have had list of recalls from the Friday. Yes, it's no good trying to second guess them! :D
Have you heard back dogcop?