Miss Saigon closing!

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

paulears
BAFTA Award

Miss Saigon closing!

Post by paulears »

A bit sad that Aladdin is pushing this one out, but rumour suggests it's just not doing the business - which is a shame.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Re: Miss Saigon closing!

Post by Welsh Mum »

I saw it a while ago and was blown away by it. I knew the songs but had never seen it before, it was a fantastic show, what a shame it is finishing. There are other shows that seem to go on and in forever !
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Tell them to come & do it here :shock: :idea:

Loads of people would come & see it!!
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

Considering it had the record for length of run first time around, it does seem odd. Maybe the nostalgia element generated the first bookings, and then it fell back to 'new' audience, who just didn't get Vietnam as anything other than a musical about a war? Is twenty odd years a whole new generation of audience, and it's too far? Turned into a history musical? Could be I suppose - maybe it's just got that hook to memory the old one did? All my friends who have seen it say it was very good, so odd it is closing.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Sounded like it was going to transfer to broadway but waiting for a theatre? 2 years is a long time for a revival. Not sure what to make of Aladdin though, glad to see something new coming to town.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Camack said on R2 this morning it is extending and transferring - not closing and he will announce soon which theatre and for how long.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

That's good - I thought a transfer to Broadway was the plan, so keeping it seems nice, if he can make it pay?