Annie - National Tour 2015

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Annie - National Tour 2015

Post by riverdancefan »

New tour of Annie next year starting in Newcastle - get ready for potential casting of principle girls? anyone heard anything?
I haves a feeling but it's only a feeling that the rest of the girls will be recruited locally to each show :IE Stage coach..but I haven't a clue :D
Maybe good news for young DDs though

http://www.anniethemusicaltour.uk
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
NiamhMurphy
BRIT Award

Re: Annie - National Tour 2015

Post by NiamhMurphy »

All I can see is the childrens' casting director is Debbie O'Brien- can't see any other info re auditions!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

My DD would love to be in Annie. Hoping they audition for this :)
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

We'd love to see this or be part of it too. Just seen (if it's to be believed) that they've cast Craig R-H from strictly as miss hannighan!!!! He'll be fab x
Last edited by CatKat_0 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tikto
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikto »

Great show! When this was on tour about 4 years ago now, they had at least two Annies, at the moment it looks as if they've only got the one, unless they have more cast already but used only one for photos? and in the last tour the other orphans were cast locally, not sure how they are going to do it this time..
waitingandwaiting
GRAMMY Award

Post by waitingandwaiting »

Exciting! My dd and I are currently rehearsing for an amdram production of this in Nov! Love, love, love Annie having grown up with it. Interesting that they are touring it now - I wonder if they are counting on the publicity from the film that is coming out to get more people in!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

I know someone from the casting team - auditions won't be for a couple of months at least and team haven't decided yet if going to cast 3 teams of girls to tour or cast locally for the orphanage girls. Gonna have to wait yummy mummies!! x
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Thanks for the update :D :D
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I can see why they have cast CRH as Miss Hannigan, commercial value of course...but there are little enough opportunities for older female actors and MT performers as it is, it's a shame a perfect role for these amazingly talented ladies has been turned into a pantomime dame mash up. Is CRH involved in financing it too I wonder?.

Just my 'umble opinion ;)
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Post by RoseTowers4 »

[quote="riverdancefan"]there are little enough opportunities for older female actors and MT performers as it is, it's a shame a perfect role for these amazingly talented ladies has been turned into a pantomime dame mash up.

I agree with you riverdancefan. Not impressed by this decision. [-X
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

It does seem sad, but I do think CRH will be great - he's a fantastic performer in his own right and it doesn't necessarily mean it the Miss H role will become a pantomime dame - I think he'll do a great job.

Hoping that they audition for the Annie and orphans roles, and don't just pick from local stagecoaches - I know lots of talented little girls on here that would be perfect for the roles :)

Anyone seen anything on the grapevine yet about auditions, or are we just too early?
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

Jomist....did you get Babygro and Miraclegro muddled up when your DD was a baby? At 10 she is almost the same height as me!!!
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

jomist wrote: A great opportunity hopefully for some NAPM kids, but unfortunately not mine who at 10 years of age is 5' 1" and still growing... ](*,)
My 10 year old is similar. I'm not sure quite how tall she is, but she must have breeched 5ft. She retired from acting a while ago, and is all ponies right now. Which means big horses, unless she wants to drag her toes along the ground :lol:

Fingers crossed that this production provides opportunities for some NAPM kids.

Deb x
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Yes,it would be great news for all,not just Stage coach attendees if that is what might happen
Why should they get first dibs? !
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

I guess it's convenience and keeping costs down. I'm hoping they cast the net wide and see what they get :)

Thought it might come back to the West End to cooincide with the movie.

Hope they don't make the movie too "cheesy" though