BFG film

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: BFG film

Post by CatKat_0 »

unpaidtaxi wrote:Catkat, have they not started recalls after the script reading session yet? What I mean is, have all the casting recalls been based on improv up until now and reading the script is near the end of the process? Is that the way it is usually done? Sorry for so many questions.....
That's my understanding:

Round 1 - workshop and improv
Round 2 - 7 page script and filmed
Round 3 - no idea - not sure anyone is at this stage yet - but assume they will take some of the kids from Round 2 further, change the brief again, or continue to look at new kids

Good luck to your DD :)
unpaidtaxi
BRIT Award

Post by unpaidtaxi »

Thank you very much Catkat
cannylass
Nominee

Post by cannylass »

Oh, we are at Stage 2 of that - auditioned with script last Thursday and was filmed. My DD saw this CD last year for a CH4 sitcom and got down to last 2. When we went most of the other girls were very small compared to my DD who is 4 ft 11 and not the least bit tomboy (according to character breakdown) but obviously has a look they are after as CD knows her from before. Would love to get to next stage if there is one but don't think we will but who knows what they are looking for???
napmfm
GRAMMY Award

Post by napmfm »

Took DD last Friday after a really late night and easily start, not sure it could have gone any worse for her - she's a stage girl and not very good at the camera stuff.
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

cannylass wrote:Oh, we are at Stage 2 of that - auditioned with script last Thursday and was filmed. My DD saw this CD last year for a CH4 sitcom and got down to last 2. When we went most of the other girls were very small compared to my DD who is 4 ft 11 and not the least bit tomboy (according to character breakdown) but obviously has a look they are after as CD knows her from before. Would love to get to next stage if there is one but don't think we will but who knows what they are looking for???
G has a very noticeable and memorable face - i saw the link name on your post and immediately knew what she looked like . I'm not surprised CDs have noticed her.
littleric14
BRIT Award

Post by littleric14 »

Cannylass your dd is beautiful.we had an audition with script on Wednesday. Do you think we will hear soon yeah or neigh soon?
Good luck to her
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

cannylass - your DD is stunning.
littleric14 - unfortunately it's very usual not to hear back ever, especially from film and TV auditions.
napmfm
GRAMMY Award

Post by napmfm »

I don't think my DC has the look.

It would be nice if the agents could talk to the CD's and get some feedback, that way it would stop them sending unsuitable candidates.
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Unless there's a very precise brief - and maybe not even then - I don't think it's ever possible to say for sure who has 'the look' and who doesn't.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

I agree with TalyaB, I should think they are looking for a lot more than "the look", they might not even know what look they want, I should think they are more interested in " the package" ie. acting ability, age, maybe height, etc.
napmfm
GRAMMY Award

Post by napmfm »

They did ask for her height, the only question I was asked and I didn't even get that right - we later found out she'd grown an inch since last audition.

I don't mean she's an ugly child, she's beautiful in my eyes, I just don't see her on screen, I guess she doesn't either which I hope didn't across in the audition!
oldmama
Nominee

Post by oldmama »

napmfm If it helps, I couldn't ever have imagined my dd being chosen to be on screen either. But it DID happen! The more camera auditions she was fortunate enough to be called for, the more natural and relaxed she became. If it can happen for my dd, it can happen for anyone!
napmfm
GRAMMY Award

Post by napmfm »

Thanks, we'll see how things pan out. We're not sad or bothered about it, she's 10 and adores theatre, the most important thing is that she enjoys herself. As long as she's happy then my life is easy.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

napmfm wrote:Thanks, we'll see how things pan out. We're not sad or bothered about it, she's 10 and adores theatre, the most important thing is that she enjoys herself. As long as she's happy then my life is easy.
I think that's a very good way to look at things. I'm not sure they have figured out what they want yet, hence the search through lots of girls to see what's on offer.

Hopefully amongst all the lovely girls they've seen they must be able to find one that suits xx
cannylass
Nominee

Post by cannylass »

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments re my DD. We only started this journey a year ago so still learning as we go. I agree I don't think they actually know what they are looking for until they see it - lots of different types there with us - blonde, redhead, curly, straight, with glasses, without glasses etc. Was glad DD tied her hair back as girl before us was told to tie hers back. Only common theme apart from my DD was that they were all tiny. I don't expect my phone to be ringing for this anytime soon lol x