BFG film

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

TalyaB
BAFTA Award

BFG film

Post by TalyaB »

Spielberg will be making this next year for release in 2016, with a screenplay by Melissa Mathison, who wrote E.T.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 95342.html

That will be an amazing part for a little girl.
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Re: BFG film

Post by Dwafffamily »

Oh wow, that will be fantastic!
tikto
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikto »

This is great! Love the book. Wonder if they're going to do open auditions for this as seems to be the trend for big films lately.
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

tikto wrote:Wonder if they're going to do open auditions for this as seems to be the trend for big films lately.
It does, but has anyone actually got a part from any of the open auditions?
tikto
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikto »

exactly! I was being sarcastic :D
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

D'oh ](*,)
TomS
GRAMMY Award

Post by TomS »

Last edited by TomS on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer a registered user
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Not really, according to this: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 017AApy7wZ although it's rather a confusing account, or maybe I'm not awake yet, but Rupert Grint did, so you're right, TomS, there is a good precedent.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

There's open and there's open...

There's the sort of open that works well for West End theatre, where young people can be put forward without an agent, be assessed against a criteria and - if they seem a good fit - offered a place on an audition workshop where they get the chance to show what they can do and learn a few things too. It seems that these roles are often filled by newcomers.

And there's the sort where anyone can turn up, queue round the block, fill in a form, be seen for a fleeting moment and go home. Then, several months later, an announcement is made that the role has been given to someone who probably didn't queue round the block.

The first sort get almost no publicity at all for the production, the second appear in the press, on the radio and on prime time TV.

Call me cynical but...well, you can join the dots :lol:

Deb x
TomS
GRAMMY Award

Post by TomS »

Last edited by TomS on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer a registered user
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

Deb is absolutely right about the West End open auditions. They are really open (anybody that fit the brief can apply and get the chance) I am really amazed of the incredible opportunities given to literally every single child who has a talent and/or a passion for singing or dancing. I am speaking for personal experience, as the majority of the people in this forum. My dc had the chance to audition for all the West End productions where they were fitting the brief and did get mostly a no. They knew that the ones that got the part where more talented or better suited for the character, but they were very happy they had the chance to go and didn't feel ever out of place and now really appreciate when they get a yes.
The children CDs for theatre's production in London are really fantastic =D> =D> =D>
tikto
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikto »

begolina wrote:Deb is absolutely right about the West End open auditions. They are really open (anybody that fit the brief can apply and get the chance) I am really amazed of the incredible opportunities given to literally every single child who has a talent and/or a passion for singing or dancing. I am speaking for personal experience, as the majority of the people in this forum. My dc had the chance to audition for all the West End productions where they were fitting the brief and did get mostly a no. They knew that the ones that got the part where more talented or better suited for the character, but they were very happy they had the chance to go and didn't feel ever out of place and now really appreciate when they get a yes.
The children CDs for theatre's production in London are really fantastic =D> =D> =D>
And then there is the M25 rule.... ](*,)
tagmama
GRAMMY Award

Post by tagmama »

Just seen posted that girls are going for auditions for this - has anybody heard anything? what they are looking for etc?
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

I know of a few girls who were seen for this over the weekend. Not much given on brief I do to think, other than playing age of around 9 I think.
Sophalice
BRIT Award

Post by Sophalice »

CD just ran a workshop casting for the part of Sophie in this at my daughter's agency (TTA) this evening. Lots of very talented girls there!