BFG film

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Re: BFG film

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

DD's friend been recalled to read an extract from the script - what an exciting opportunity!
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

In part I agree with you francescamum, but it's important to remember that there are also a lot of very talented girls whose parents can't afford acting classes/ time off work to take them to auditions and will never likely get another chance at anything remotely like this. At the very least it gives all the girls a very fun and exciting day at school.
As for the CD I guess they are looking for something very specific, and comparing it to shopping - if you don't find what you want in the major retail outlets, you are going to start looking in the corner shops! At the end of the day, it's their movie and out of the 100's (or 1000's) seen, only one extremely lucky (and talented) girl is going to get the prize.
In reality it is likely to go to someone already 'well known'
.....but heres hoping it goes to someone's DD on here! [-o<
tagmama
GRAMMY Award

Post by tagmama »

Can someone kindly tell me who the casting director is on this please.
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

Tagmama I sent you a PM
anglolux
Nominee

Post by anglolux »

Julie, could I have the CDs name/details too please
waitingandwaiting
GRAMMY Award

Post by waitingandwaiting »

Me too, if you don't mind please. Not to worry if you are not supposed to.
Julie
BRIT Award

Post by Julie »

For all those who have PMd me - sorry for the confusion but my message to tagmamma was NOT about the CD but something else
Julie

......but if you look on facebook - PQA Hampstead, and trawl back to Sept 19 CD details are there
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Has anyone heard back from their auditions yet?
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

not us as we didnt audition but recalls are underway. I know several kids recalled....
napmfm
GRAMMY Award

Post by napmfm »

Julie wrote:In part I agree with you francescamum, but it's important to remember that there are also a lot of very talented girls whose parents can't afford acting classes/ time off work to take them to auditions and will never likely get another chance at anything remotely like this. At the very least it gives all the girls a very fun and exciting day at school.
As for the CD I guess they are looking for something very specific, and comparing it to shopping - if you don't find what you want in the major retail outlets, you are going to start looking in the corner shops! At the end of the day, it's their movie and out of the 100's (or 1000's) seen, only one extremely lucky (and talented) girl is going to get the prize.
In reality it is likely to go to someone already 'well known'
.....but heres hoping it goes to someone's DD on here! [-o<
So true, also the director may not want a trained kid, sometimes they can over act or come across too trained, they may be after a natural ability that they can work with.

At the end of the day we know all there is to know about our kids but the CD knows a hell of a lot more about casting than any of us, my guess is they know what they are doing.
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Selina2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Selina2 »

Think they've raised the age on this, now looking for 10 - 11 year old. Amazing opportunity.
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

Yes they do seem to have changed the age on the brief yet I know they have still recalled girls since then that are as young as 8 or 9, so I think they are still completely undecided.
Last edited by Dwafffamily on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Could that be for Sophie's BFF? I read somewhere that the story will be slightly different, Sophie will be going to a posh school, not an orphanage and she will have a BFF.
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

No, for role of Sophie still, madness that they are now conducting 2nd recalls whilst also still holding 1st rounds, don't think they know what they're looking for :shock: