The Sound of Music - West End Transfer possible.

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

emi's mum
BAFTA Award

The Sound of Music - West End Transfer possible.

Post by emi's mum »

Page 3 of The Stage yesterday a section on Bill Kenwright.....he's trying to transfer the Open Air Theatre's production of The Sound of Music to a West End venue. Full article here http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/producti ... -10-shows/
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Re: The Sound of Music - West End Transfer possible.

Post by Ditzi »

Exciting, thank you emi's mum for keeping us up to date! =D>
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

That would be amazing !!
Sophalice
BRIT Award

Post by Sophalice »

Ooooo - how exciting. My ds absolutely loved being in that at Regents Park. I assume they would audition from scratch, what do you think? Sxx
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

That would be lovely as I didn't manage to see it but everyone seemed so impressed.
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

Sophalice wrote:Ooooo - how exciting. My ds absolutely loved being in that at Regents Park. I assume they would audition from scratch, what do you think? Sxx
I would imagine they would re audition but of course would see all the original teams again too. It may take some time if they do actually transfer....and of course they will all have grown and some may become unavailable. Good to see it made such an impact but I honestly couldn't see how it would work the same in a different venue.
Italia2002
GRAMMY Award

Post by Italia2002 »

DD would love to audition for this. She missed the opportunity last year due to prior performance engagement - Boy do I regret that!!
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

I know someone that would love to audition for this :lol: failing that we would love to have the opportunity to see it as we are still kicking ourselves that we did t get to see it at regents park :oops:
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Would love to see it again - we missed seeing the WE version it last time round, but I absolutely loved the regents park version. Very well choreographed and acted by all. Would hope that at least the ex-Kurt's could be seen for Freidrich, ex-Friedrichs for Rolf's etc, and all the girls could go up a size??
eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

Emi's mum, your daughter played Brigitta, is that right? Can I ask how tall she is? Just curious really - my DD is 4"3 and loves the Sound Of Music... just wondered whether 4"3 was Marta or Brigitta size.

The Gretyl I saw at Regents Park (in Emi's team I think) was teeny tiny! We thought she couldn't have been any more than 6 years old?
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

eleanorrigby66 wrote:Emi's mum, your daughter played Brigitta, is that right? Can I ask how tall she is? Just curious really - my DD is 4"3 and loves the Sound Of Music... just wondered whether 4"3 was Marta or Brigitta size.

The Gretyl I saw at Regents Park (in Emi's team I think) was teeny tiny! We thought she couldn't have been any more than 6 years old?
She was Marta. It didn't go on specific heights just matching up with other children. She was 4ft 4in by the time she finished the run. Gretyl was older than she looked...age 8.
It's not a certainty it will transfer. Just as the article says its just a possibility. Would be nice though.
Doodoos
GRAMMY Award

Post by Doodoos »

Slightly off topic but one of the songs newly released by Mary J Blige this Christmas.. Not sure what to make of it..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5fDeGzTF3A