Star now

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

SNN
BAFTA Award

Re: Star now

Post by SNN »

Lorenita wrote:Thank you all so much for your replies to my post. You have all been really helpful and as a result i have now signed up my dd, and also applied for a couple of things. Still have to get used to how top navigate the site but all in all is great. We are also with KCCP but never had to enter those details. Fingers crossed something will happen soon. She is so looking forward to doing a little part in a film or commercial.

Here is a link to her profile. Any comments welcome!!

http://www.starnow.co.uk/mariannapanunzio1
I LOVE her hair!
She seems like a very talented person :D
Lorenita
Nominee

Post by Lorenita »

SNN wrote:
Lorenita wrote:Thank you all so much for your replies to my post. You have all been really helpful and as a result i have now signed up my dd, and also applied for a couple of things. Still have to get used to how top navigate the site but all in all is great. We are also with KCCP but never had to enter those details. Fingers crossed something will happen soon. She is so looking forward to doing a little part in a film or commercial.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/mariannapanunzio1
I LOVE her hair!
She seems like a very talented person :D
Thank you so much. Her hair is great but lots of hard work, but it's worth it.
Yes she has a lot of qualities, but works very hard for it, We can't wait for her to get a part.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Lorenita wrote: Thank you so much. Her hair is great but lots of hard work, but it's worth it.
Yes she has a lot of qualities, but works very hard for it, We can't wait for her to get a part.
May I express my admiration for your daughter's hair...I have a similar experience except my DD seems to be allergic to brushing or styling her hair in any way. I was thinking of shaving her head in the night sometime* but now I may just use your DD as a role model :lol:

She is lovely - and very talented too. Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Deb x

* only kidding - no need to call childline...just yet :lol:
Lorenita
Nominee

Post by Lorenita »

Flosmom wrote:
Lorenita wrote: Thank you so much. Her hair is great but lots of hard work, but it's worth it.
May I express my admiration for your daughter's hair...I have a similar experience except my DD seems to be allergic to brushing or styling her hair in any way. I was thinking of shaving her head in the night sometime* but now I may just use your DD as a role model :lol:

She is lovely - and very talented too. Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Deb x

* only kidding - no need to call childline...just yet :lol:
Hey Deb,
Try Shea butter damage treatment by sof'n'pretty. it's the best, and if blow drying hair straight use amla hair oil. It's taken years but i have finally found some good products, afro hair is not the easiest to maintain. Just need lots of patience.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Thanks for the tip. Flo's hair isn't Afro...I sometimes think it would be easier if it was. It's curly, think but each strand is very fine, so it goes into knots as soon as its brushed. Which makes the next brushing very tricky. Which means every brushing is very tricky. Which means it doesn't get brushed as often as it should :shock:

Oh, and it grows outwards, not downwards.

She gets it from her dad, who has a similar 'lions mane' effect but he has his cut short. Mine is fine flat and straight, so I m learning fast!

Deb x
Lorenita
Nominee

Post by Lorenita »

Flosmom wrote:Thanks for the tip. Flo's hair isn't Afro...I sometimes think it would be easier if it was. It's curly, think but each strand is very fine, so it goes into knots as soon as its brushed. Which makes the next brushing very tricky. Which means every brushing is very tricky. Which means it doesn't get brushed as often as it should :shock:

Oh, and it grows outwards, not downwards.

She gets it from her dad, who has a similar 'lions mane' effect but he has his cut short. Mine is fine flat and straight, so I m learning fast!

Deb x

Hey Deb, sounds like my hair. Nightmare of my life, but i never brush it now otherwise it goes frizzy. It's a pain but i condition it every morning, unless i'm having a pj day, and run my fingers through. It the goes into corkscrew kind of curls. BTW, saw your dd on you tube. Love her voice and the control she has. She'll do really well.
Lorena x
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Lorenita wrote: Hey Deb, sounds like my hair. Nightmare of my life, but i never brush it now otherwise it goes frizzy. It's a pain but i condition it every morning, unless i'm having a pj day, and run my fingers through. It the goes into corkscrew kind of curls. BTW, saw your dd on you tube. Love her voice and the control she has. She'll do really well.
Lorena x
Wow - you mean we could give up brushing altogether??!!!! Please tell me more about your conditioner!

When we are on holiday I generally let her off from brushing and after a day or so her hair has formed corkscrew curls. It looks cute - at least I think so :lol:

Thanks for your kind comments about Flo's singing. A couple of people have complimented her control, which is lovely to hear as I bang on about technique but sometimes think that, because she can 'busk' many of the songs she sings, she lets go of the the breathing, phrasing, control, support etc. I am a happy mom :lol:

Deb x
SE13
BRIT Award

Post by SE13 »

Flosmum, DD2 has blonde hair that is, in her own words, "wild like a lion" and we've recently discovered Mini U busy bees leave in conditioner. It's put on after her hair has been washed (for which we tend to use paraben-free conditioner instead of shampoo) and smeared/combed through. No brushing required the next day, just damp fingers through the hair.

DD1, whose hair is ultra-straight, loves it too as it gets rid of tangles.
Kazmama
BRIT Award

Post by Kazmama »

I'm so glad you asked this question Lorenita as I was worried about putting the ID in, DD profile is all up and running now :mrgreen: I'm also keeping an eye on the recommendations for hair products as she has curly hair and although I usually just put some of my olive oil creme into it( I have very frizzy afro hair, nothing seems to tame it) I am always on the lookout for something.
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

That's very reassuring Neeky78 - that there is some kind of way for them to track who has posted an "opportunity". I think they must have tightened that up.

As you say, it doesn't mean that the opportunity itself will be bona fide. I'm not quite sure what Starnow does in that 24 hour window - but I can't believe that it's checking out whether the opportunity is genuine because there have been some horrible scams on Starnow in the past. I know some charlatans are clever - but I have seen jobs advertised that should have been spotted as bogus by anyone with a smidge of industry knowledge.

The message is: don't depend on Starnow to have checked the job - you need to check things out yourself.

The main problem with Starnow "opportunities" seems to be people claiming high profile/high importance/major exposure etc when they are in reality just enthusiastic amateurs. That's not as dangerous as the very, very few who post with nefarious intentions of course, but it still wastes people's time. Amateurs can also pose dangers when they have no knowledge about performance licences, don't have proper insurance etc etc.
michbv
GRAMMY Award

Post by michbv »

Such cute talented kids on here. Makes me broody to have more!!!
Good luck to you newbies on Starnow. I'm loving the site. No bad experiences yet! :)

www.starnow.co.uk/adambeaver
tizzy
BRIT Award

Post by tizzy »

Last edited by tizzy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
esmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by esmum »

We have the Albert Einstein hairstyle here! :D Had to have her hair tied back for a show last week - she was the only child with a natural 'Halo Effect' will keepp note of these hair products. Very occasionally we straighten it with 'Sleep in Rollers' my child looks totally different for maybe an hour? Then back to #curlcity :D
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Flosmum, DD2 has blonde hair that is, in her own words, "wild like a lion" and we've recently discovered Mini U busy bees leave in conditioner. It's put on after her hair has been washed (for which we tend to use paraben-free conditioner instead of shampoo) and smeared/combed through. No brushing required the next day, just damp fingers through the hair.

DD1, whose hair is ultra-straight, loves it too as it gets rid of tangles
Lol ooo mines another curly tot that Mini U busy bees sounds great, where do you get it? x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Her profile is fab :) such a good range of photos :) iv not been able to set one up for mine sadly because of the whole having to register a passport/drivers license to give parental consent and I don't have either! anyone know anyway around this? x