Christmas that Rocks scam

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

Robin64
BAFTA Award

Christmas that Rocks scam

Post by Robin64 »

Anyone else's DCs had letters from school about recording a Christmas single with X factor finalists in November? I think this might be a scam and spoke to ITV who said yes it was a scam and nothing to do with them or X factor team. Please ask your schools to avoid or at least investigate further before sending money. As far as I can make out the company are asking for money plus £10 for T shirts and then might book "stars" through their agents ( :roll: ) to sing with the children. They have not booked or confirmed the EXCEL Centre where it is supposedly taking place. This definitely sounds like one to avoid but just wondered if anyone knew more?
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Christmas that Rocks scam

Post by pg »

Ouch!

I hope no-one gets pulled in by this one. :(
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

I've seen a lot over the past few weeks regarding this on different forums ie. digitalspy

I think the argument lies with the fact you are invited to sing with either
a) X Factor finalists or
b) stars from X Factor

and therein lies the crux.
Some of those who have turned out to be stars have in fact been the worst singers in the world !!
If however there is no venue booked as promised then that indeed is wrong........very wrong.
Thanks for the heads up although I would have run a mile myself from something like this anyway.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I would think that Trading Standards may have something to say about this..........
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Yes not my cup of tea really but I think the school probably thought it would be fun for the girls (girls school - not being sexist!) and the idea of being on the X factor single sounds exciting. I also think that the company implies the school has been specially selected and it is rather an honour!! I bet the wording manages to sound one way but reality very different (and disappointing no doubt!) perhaps without ACTUALLY breaking any laws. X factor/ITV not happy at all about it though so that seems clear that it is not what it advertises itself to be so I would agree Welsh Mum that trading standards could be contacted.