School of Rock the Musical

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

SNN
BAFTA Award

School of Rock the Musical

Post by SNN »

Apparently Andrew Lloyd Webber is going to make a School of Rock the musical!
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Re: School of Rock the Musical

Post by Dwafffamily »

My DS would love being involved with that, right up his street!
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

I would love being Miranda Cosgrove, the bossy, know-it-all.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Wonder what grade the kids will have to be to be considered - when I told dd she immediately went to practice her piano (can someone post on here about a musical about tidying their rooms! :lol: )
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

They might even take people without any experience and have them 'mime' playing the piano/guitar/ violin.....
But I'm still going to start practicing my violin :shock: :-({|=
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

francescasmum wrote:Wonder what grade the kids will have to be to be considered - when I told dd she immediately went to practice her piano (can someone post on here about a musical about tidying their rooms! :lol: )
How Clean is Your House The Musical is in the early stages of production, with Julie Walters rumoured to be playing Aggie and Judie Dench as Kim. I understand that the staging will call for a number of talented young children, especially a pretty blonde girl, preferably with Northern accent and a proven track record of being able to tidy a bedroom. Skills in making tea for tired parents will also be taken into account.

Does this help? ;)

Deb x
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

You actually had me fooled for a second Flosmom :lol:
I must be very gullible :-k
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

SNN wrote:You actually had me fooled for a second Flosmom :lol:

Are you suggesting that my posting might not be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :shock: How else would they cast 'Young Kim' ? Did I forget to mention that the young blonde girl they are looking for has to have immaculate hair and be able to rock the fur-trimmed Marigolds look? 8)

The composers are hard at work - they came up with a storming song for 'Young Kim' that went:

There is a castle on a cloud
I like to clean it in my sleep
Lots of grimy floors for me to sweeeeeeeeeep
Up in my castle on a cloud.

But they had to re-think it - something to do with someone else having written something similar for some other show.

SNN - you are definitely not gullible, so I'll take your post as a huge compliment - thank you :oops: :D But maybe I just need to stop reading so many casting calls and get out more :lol:

Deb x
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Flosmom wrote:
SNN wrote:You actually had me fooled for a second Flosmom :lol:

Are you suggesting that my posting might not be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :shock: How else would they cast 'Young Kim' ? Did I forget to mention that the young blonde girl they are looking for has to have immaculate hair and be able to rock the fur-trimmed Marigolds look? 8)

The composers are hard at work - they came up with a storming song for 'Young Kim' that went:

There is a castle on a cloud
I like to clean it in my sleep
Lots of grimy floors for me to sweeeeeeeeeep
Up in my castle on a cloud.

But they had to re-think it - something to do with someone else having written something similar for some other show.

SNN - you are definitely not gullible, so I'll take your post as a huge compliment - thank you :oops: :D But maybe I just need to stop reading so many casting calls and get out more :lol:

Deb x
:lol: HAHAHA! That Castle on a Cloud remix made me laugh so much!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Funnily enough I do have a photo of F in her ballet outfit, blonde bun - wearing bright purple marigold (Don't ask! :lol: ) Should I put it on her profile, just in case. She does a lovely cover of 'I'm gonna wash that grime right out of my house'
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

francescasmum wrote:Funnily enough I do have a photo of F in her ballet outfit, blonde bun - wearing bright purple marigold (Don't ask! :lol: ) Should I put it on her profile, just in case. She does a lovely cover of 'I'm gonna wash that grime right out of my house'
I think we may be onto something here.... :lol:

Deb x
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Wouldn't it be great if this musical started auditions a month from now, the height limit was 6ft and all DDs and DSs on the site were eligible to audition! And then we all got parts!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

SNN wrote:Wouldn't it be great if this musical started auditions a month from now, the height limit was 6ft and all DDs and DSs on the site were eligible to audition! And then we all got parts!
That's my kind of musical!!!
DS says he will play anything ... Tuba, accordion, spoons, comb and paper, saw??? ......
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

The 6ft height limit was made especially for your DS :D
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

:lol: