The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

letitshine
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

Post by letitshine »

I'm sooo excited for you all, really hope you get though and me and my dd will be in the audience to watch you all shine :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Great news , well done those who have their second recall, and well done to those who got the first round of recalls, getting that far is a great achievement, give yourselves a pat on the back. Go T =D> =D>
jackster98
BRIT Award

Post by jackster98 »

Jack is 9.30 on the Sunday too, early start! he is doing Malovale and Mendoza.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Sorry to hear your ds didn't get a second recall Twototango :( but it sounds like it has been a positive experience for him (and you?).

Congratulations on getting second recalls stagefright36, SNN and dses of riverdancefan and jackster98 \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ I'm very excited for you all and anyone else with successful dcs who reads but doesn't post on here - GO GO GO. Huge Good Luck [-o<
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited!
I just realised that my audition is going to be on the same date as my first ever audition :D
stagefright36
Nominee

Post by stagefright36 »

Spooky - may be it's a sign SNN ;) - Funny how the few of us going seem to be the same slot. I wonder how many other slots they have when each one will take over 3 hours. Only seeing about 10 in each session so perhaps they've called back less than they said in round 2 email (50 - 65). [-o<

SNN You got me thinking about when my first audition was lol. The first "proper" one (as did modelling before that) was for a feature film (didn't get it) in August 2004 and then a Commercial in Sept 2004 which I did get (still have the Child Licence) and filmed 7th Oct 2004.

But guess what - it wasn't used ](*,)

In fact I can remember 3 TV Commercials that I filmed that have never been seen on TV. Wish I could say it got better but it hasn't :oops: It's only a few weeks since I was left waiting for the phone to ring over the weekend because I was down to final 2 for a TVC filming abroad. The USA bosses couldn't decide and we were both told that they would call us over the weekend with their decision and the lucky one would then fly Monday am - Guess what - it wasn't me that was the "lucky" one. Miserable weekend :cry:

Weird though - as thinking back you'd wonder why on earth I am still doing it. But I can't think of anything else I would rather do - and no matter how many times you get knocked down you just get back up again. Mum says I'm a weeble (what an earth are they !!! - actually I have a vague memory of my weeble garage) - but she's says "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down"

So good luck to all the other Weebles :lol: :lol:
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Looks like DS will miss you all as he is the afternoon slot 8)
that is a pity !, appears they are only running the two sessions then?
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
stagefright36
Nominee

Post by stagefright36 »

hi riverdan. that's a shame - but hopefully we will meet on Nov 3rd (the first day) [-o<

What time does your afternoon slot start - do you think they could do another one after it ? The morning slot goes on until 12:40 and then I guess they'd need lunch.

I have a feeling it's only 2 slots a day as well (Sat & Sun) - so 4 slots. So might be under 50 recalled. Exciting !!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

stagefright36 wrote:hi riverdan. that's a shame - but hopefully we will meet on Nov 3rd (the first day) [-o<

What time does your afternoon slot start - do you think they could do another one after it ? The morning slot goes on until 12:40 and then I guess they'd need lunch.

I have a feeling it's only 2 slots a day as well (Sat & Sun) - so 4 slots. So might be under 50 recalled. Exciting !!
Starts at 1.30 pm so I think yes definitely only 2 sessions per day :D [-o<
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Nel
Nominee

Post by Nel »

My dd has her workshop at 5.30pm and audition could be as late as 8.30 on the Sunday so it looks like there will be 3 sessions each day.
stagefright36
Nominee

Post by stagefright36 »

Hi Nel. Thanks for letting us know - it's great to be able to share information.

So about 60 then for 15 parts. Still we've all done amazingly well to get this far - whatever happens. Good Luck everyone. =D> =D> =D>
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

Why did weebles disappear, they were great, although I did melt one next to the coal fire!

Best of luck to everyone, well done for getting this far whatever happens next :D
jackster98
BRIT Award

Post by jackster98 »

Looks like we are all on Sunday . Anyone going Saturday? Great experience for everyone whatever happens.
DQsMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by DQsMum »

Congratulations to all the NAPM dc's who got to second base, and you guys with final recalls coming up - awesome ,congratulations and best of luck for the auditions.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> [-o< [-o<
"I have to act to live" - Sir Lawrence Olivier / http://www.starnow.co.uk/georgiehm
DQsMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by DQsMum »

Congratulations to all the NAPM dc's who got to second base, and you guys with final recalls coming up - awesome ,congratulations and best of luck for the auditions.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> [-o< [-o<
"I have to act to live" - Sir Lawrence Olivier / http://www.starnow.co.uk/georgiehm