OSCAR Award

Re: The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

Post by francescasmum »

fingers crossed all [-o<
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

riverdancefan wrote:Best of luck all and SNN :D - fingers crossed !!!!
One nervous DS this morning and I am Belfast with oldest DS so his Dad has the pleasure of London this morning
It's SO far out of his usual stuff but its worth giving a go!
And he is a bit of a Shakespeare convert I think - to the comedies anyway :lol:

Good luck everyone !!
Your DS was sooooooo good! His acting was absolutely amazing and so funny!
Good Luck to him (even though I don't think he needs any)
The workshop was really fun and I think I did well except for a little slip during the Hamlet speech.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

SNN wrote:
riverdancefan wrote:Best of luck all and SNN :D - fingers crossed !!!!
One nervous DS this morning and I am Belfast with oldest DS so his Dad has the pleasure of London this morning
It's SO far out of his usual stuff but its worth giving a go!
And he is a bit of a Shakespeare convert I think - to the comedies anyway :lol:

Good luck everyone !!
Your DS was sooooooo good! His acting was absolutely amazing and so funny!
Good Luck to him (even though I don't think he needs any)
The workshop was really fun and I think I did well except for a little slip during the Hamlet speech.
Ah I'm well chuffed you got to meet!
I hope to meet you soon too
I bet you were awesome, we always pick our performances apart, but they know what they want... AND that's one long speech so I think you did pretty darn well!!
=D> =D>
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Great to hear the news on this one - when will you expect to hear back?
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Thanks RiverDanceFan
And they didn't tell us when we would her back CatKat
Probably some time next week.
stagefright36
Nominee

Post by stagefright36 »

Hi. I'm 16 and have my Globe audition today and I'm having last minute nerves. I'd be really grateful if someone who has already been could just let me know a couple of things.

Do you get to perform much of the Hamlet script on your own ? Was your group a nice mix of abilities / experience or are they all very experienced with Theatre experience or Stage School training. And finally .... are the groups an equal split of boys and girls ?

Sorry for the questions on my first post :oops:
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

stagefright36 wrote:Hi. I'm 16 and have my Globe audition today and I'm having last minute nerves. I'd be really grateful if someone who has already been could just let me know a couple of things.

Do you get to perform much of the Hamlet script on your own ? Was your group a nice mix of abilities / experience or are they all very experienced with Theatre experience or Stage School training. And finally .... are the groups an equal split of boys and girls ?

Sorry for the questions on my first post :oops:
There's no need to worry at all, the staff were so so nice and supportive.
I was in a group with 12 and 13 year olds so it might be different for you but we did a lot of drama games individually and in groups to see our improv skills and see how imaginative we are. We then did the Hamlet speech whilst going around the circle (a line each). We then went into groups and staged the Much Ado About Nothing scene and performed our interpretations to each other.
Seriously, don't worry, just do your best, don't be shy and use your imagination.
stagefright36
Nominee

Post by stagefright36 »

Hi SNN - wow thank you for a lovely quick response - that's so kind.

You said you did "Much to do about Nothing"? did you mean that - as my scene is "The Comedy of Errors"

Also - what did you think of the ability level and was there as many boys as girls.

Thanks again - wish mine was earlier as seems a long wait till 5:30 :shock:
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

stagefright36 wrote:Hi SNN - wow thank you for a lovely quick response - that's so kind.

You said you did "Much to do about Nothing"? did you mean that - as my scene is "The Comedy of Errors"

Also - what did you think of the ability level and was there as many boys as girls.

I guess it's a different scene for each age group then.
The ability was mixed, everybody could act well but not everyone had a lot of experience (ie. Me).
I would say that there was a good balance of boys and girls but be ready to do a boy or girl part (I was Benedickeven though I'm a girl and the person playing Beatrice was a boy)
ADHarries
Nominee

Post by ADHarries »

stagefright36 wrote:Hi SNN - wow thank you for a lovely quick response - that's so kind.

Dd was in the 15-16 year old group yesterday and had to do a scene from romeo and juliet, shes a bit worried that she didnt 'stand out enough' but hopefully she managed it! Good luck to everyone!(:
stagefright36
Nominee

Post by stagefright36 »

good luck to your dd. I know what she means about standing out because we have no control over what lines they give us. I'm bit worried the oldest boys will be grammar school or theatre school trained.

on my way to audition now so can only do my best. good luck and fingers crossed for everyone
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

stagefright36 wrote:good luck to your dd. I know what she means about standing out because we have no control over what lines they give us. I'm bit worried the oldest boys will be grammar school or theatre school trained.

on my way to audition now so can only do my best. good luck and fingers crossed for everyone
Don't worry about others and the best they will do, think about yourself and how amazingly you will do :D
stagefright36
Nominee

Post by stagefright36 »

thanks snn. all done so relaxed now. my group had 24 in it, 16 girls and 8 boys aged 16 & 17. they were 16 when first auditioned. one was 6ft 5" :shock:

even though more girls I was still given a girl part lol. lovely casting people and delicious subway roll on way home. xx
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

stagefright36 wrote:thanks snn. all done so relaxed now. my group had 24 in it, 16 girls and 8 boys aged 16 & 17. they were 16 when first auditioned. one was 6ft 5" :shock:

even though more girls I was still given a girl part lol. lovely casting people and delicious subway roll on way home. xx
Even though I was I one of the oldest there (I'm fourteen in a few days :shock: ) I was still pretty short!
I'm glad you had fun, I also had subway in the way home, I LOVE SubWay :D
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

well done to everyone there this weekend for the recalls. Fingers crossed for you all xxx