Bugsy Malone

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

LivingTheDream
BRIT Award

Bugsy Malone

Post by LivingTheDream »

Drew McOnie, best known for being a contestant on the first series of BBC's So You Think You Can Dance, will soon be choreographing a production of Bugsy Malone at The Lyric, Hammersmith. I don't know whether the production has been cast or any other details, but it would be a fantastic project for anyone's dc to be involved in.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: Bugsy Malone

Post by CatKat_0 »

Do you think this will have kids in? I was assuming it might be an "adults" version....
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

It's been done with a young cast on stage and adults in the booth doing the vocals. It may well be done the same. Bugsy cannot be done with an all adult cast...it defeats the object of it completely.
LivingTheDream
BRIT Award

Post by LivingTheDream »

I didn't even think that an adult version existed!
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

Never been an entire adult version but the original stage show was produced with Child actors on stage and adult vocalists in the booth dubbing over the vocals....pretty much how it's done in the film so the children need to be great actors but the singing does not matter. Bonnie's was the only 'live' voice in the film.
LivingTheDream
BRIT Award

Post by LivingTheDream »

I remember reading somewhere that the NYMT's production with Catherine Zeta-Jones as Tallulah has been the only West End production of the show where the children sang live.