Famous Five Auditions

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

Famous Five Auditions

Post by Jellybabies »

has anyone heard anything about casting for the Famous Five series the BBC are planning?
bcnups
GRAMMY Award

Re: Famous Five Auditions

Post by bcnups »

Is this the Kindle Entertainment item? I thought they were in early contractual negotiations to access the plots of Enid Blyton's book plots, for a television series. It seems a bit early for castings?
risingstarxx
GRAMMY Award

Post by risingstarxx »

the children in these books are aged 10-12 so they will be looking for younger people to play them
Belle123
Nominee

Post by Belle123 »

they will be looking for people older than 11-12 but look around that age
risingstarxx
GRAMMY Award

Post by risingstarxx »

Belle123 wrote:they will be looking for people older than 11-12 but look around that age
do you thnk so?? i mean if the children were aged 14-15 then i could understand playing down because of licensing and so on but kids as young as 10 are so far away from not needing licensing that surely they may as well go with the correct ages??
harry2
GRAMMY Award

Post by harry2 »

Its still in very early development but I would have thought they will use kids up to about 13 as they age in the books to sixth former age (Ive read them all) so I cant imagine they will use young looking adults as they really will need to be a lot younger depanding on how faithful to the books they are staying. Then theres loads of guest roles in there so perfect really. 8)
LivingTheDream
BRIT Award

Post by LivingTheDream »

It's possible that they'll use 17 or 18 year olds- in the film The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, four of the main characters were schoolgirls, who had to age from 11 to late teens throughout the film, and they used the same actresses. I can imagine it'll be cheaper and easier using young adults- no chaperones, licensing, tutors etc.
risingstarxx
GRAMMY Award

Post by risingstarxx »

yeah thats true and some older children can look way younger! I wonder when casting for this will get underway?
LivingTheDream
BRIT Award

Post by LivingTheDream »

I'm hoping it'll be an open call- dd loved the books and the 1970s TV series as a child and has always wanted to play Anne!
Last edited by LivingTheDream on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmandaF
Nominee

Post by AmandaF »

Could anyone give me some advise. I have just joined NAPM today and I read about The Famous Five auditions coming up talk, but would it be posted on NAPM when a date, time and place is scheduled for auditions?
risingstarxx
GRAMMY Award

Post by risingstarxx »

if it is an open call the then details will hopefully be posted but if its closed then details will not be allowed to be posted
be warned it is most likely to go through agents first xx
AmandaF
Nominee

Post by AmandaF »

risingstarxx wrote:if it is an open call the then details will hopefully be posted but if its closed then details will not be allowed to be posted
be warned it is most likely to go through agents first xx
Thanks Risingstarxx, where would I need to look , if it is posted on here?
bcnups
GRAMMY Award

Post by bcnups »

Oh please livingthedream, don't say they'll cast adults. My dgd is 12, and passes for under 10, and would love to audition for Anne. we've been waiting ages to hear if they've set a date. As you say, its likely to be opened to Agents first. Fingers crossed everyone.
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

sometimes casting directors will post here but it is a good idea to keep an eye on screenterrier too

http://screenterrier.blogspot.co.uk