Anyone know How I Live Now cast?

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

trigger1
BRIT Award

Anyone know How I Live Now cast?

Post by trigger1 »

I auditioned and did my callback for this over a year ago and I cant tell you how dissapointed I was to not go any further. Not meant to be and all that. According to the authors blog they've slimmed it down to 4 or 5 boys for the lead, and 3 girls for his sister. Apparently all the boys are unknowns, just wondering if anyone knew anything more, or who these people are.

Good luck to them, as dissapointed as I am I'd prefer it went to an unknown than another actor who can get any role
cops22
GRAMMY Award

Re: Anyone know How I Live Now cast?

Post by cops22 »

A boy I put forward was recalled a couple of weeks ago, still no word on if he's going any further....
I'll still keep my fingers crossed for him :)
charliesmummy
Nominee

Post by charliesmummy »

My daughter was seen towards the end of March along with 5 other girls, we have not heard anything so i guess no luck this time. I was for the role of piper.
trigger1
BRIT Award

Post by trigger1 »

http://www.megrosoff.co.uk/blog/

George McKay and Tom Holland took the roles. Not exactly complete unknowns, but still promising actors.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Still no news on Piper though!
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Piper casting just announced on ScreenTerrier: http://screenterrier.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... lming.html

After a number of years in development, principal photography has begun on Kevin Macdonald’s adaptation of Meg Rosoff’s multi-award-winning novel How I Live Now, which will shoot for eight weeks in England and Wales. As already announced, Saoirse Ronan stars as Daisy, George Mackay as Edmond, and Tom Holland as Isaac. George and Tom are two of this year's Screen International Stars of Tomorrow.

Joining them will be 10 year old Harley Bird (represented by AlphabetKidz) as Piper, Daisy's young cousin with whom she is forced to flee, after world war three breaks out. Last year, Harley became the youngest person to win a BAFTA, aged nine, as she is the voice behind Peppa Pig, the loveable cartoon piglet that has taken the pre-school world by storm. Harley is from Buckinghamshire and uses the stage surname Bird after her nickname as a baby. She has been voicing the popular role of Peppa Pig for 4 years, and first got the role within weeks of auditioning for Alphabet Kidz Agency in 2008.