Name and shame

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

frisbee
GRAMMY Award

Name and shame

Post by frisbee »

Encore you're a bit naughty...re- Advert on Starnow "Major British film/Cinema release film" looking for extras. NO PAY, NOT EVEN EXPENSES!! Cheeky, even students pay expenses! Don't mind working for little or no pay to support low budget projects but me thinks you can afford it!
paulears
BAFTA Award

Re: Name and shame

Post by paulears »

Not a bit naughtie - taking the P. If it's major, and British - then they should pay - same thing happened a short while ago, and the bad press produced soon got the production company to reconsider!
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Hear hear frisbee and paulears. It makes me very :x
Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dodger'smum »

[-X Brymack Castings.

Offered a place without audition which made us slightly suspicious and we weren't really impressed by their website, photographs etc. However, we emailed them and said we would keep our half term free for them to phone us back with a date for a meeting in London (they weren't able to confirm a date or a venue!) Of course the phone call never materialised and the only number we had for them was a mobile. Have noticed they keep advertising on Starnow, so just be careful.

I know it's naive to think every story about every agency will be a good one but our own personal vibes for this one weren't good so we quickly backed off. Suffice to say we have now signed with Chilli Kids who are closer to home anyway and seem to be reputable (according to my humble research).