Les Mis Film Cast Announced

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

Josmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Les Mis Film Cast Announced

Post by Josmum »

Have you heard the gossip that the actors may sing live rather than use a studio recording of them singing. I think it sounds very interesting. I just wonder how that is done so the sound quality isn't compromised. Must be engineered very intricately. Are there any musical movies that have done that before?
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Josmum wrote:Have you heard the gossip that the actors may sing live rather than use a studio recording of them singing. I think it sounds very interesting. I just wonder how that is done so the sound quality isn't compromised. Must be engineered very intricately. Are there any musical movies that have done that before?
I vaguely remember seeing an interview with Meryl Streep where she said some of her singing in Mamma Mia was live as she felt it was more real etc
Lotty
BRIT Award

Post by Lotty »

Amanda Seyfried has been offered Cosette and singer Taylor Swift has been offered Eponine....http://upandcomers.net/2012/01/03/count ... iserables/
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

My dd is a very good likeness to Amanda Seyfield, I wish I could get her seen. :(
amanda
GRAMMY Award

Post by amanda »

Oh Please... Not Taylor Swift :roll:
Of all the fantastic, talented young women out there? Words fail me.
I am going off the whole idea now. Think I will stick to the stage version.
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Seems the cast has changed considerably since hte beiginning and not for the better ](*,) ](*,) :roll: :roll:
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
Josmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Josmum »

Wow I wasn't expecting those picks for Cosette and Eponine. I hope we are all pleasantly surprised. Neither are confirmed yet but they really need to get on with the actors and get started if they want to make their Dec 7 release date.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

If anyone has contact details for Eve Stewart, Production Manager for Les Mis, or anyone involved in props management for the film, I'd appreciate it if you could PM me.

Thanks

Deb x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Josmum wrote:Wow I wasn't expecting those picks for Cosette and Eponine. I hope we are all pleasantly surprised. Neither are confirmed yet but they really need to get on with the actors and get started if they want to make their Dec 7 release date.
Can't say I am pleasantly suprised - dire is what I would call it ! :(
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Grace125
GRAMMY Award

Post by Grace125 »

Not sure if this is true but there are rumours flying around that Samantha Barks has got the role of Eponine in the film. Apparently Cameron Mackintosh announced it on stage at Oliver! in Manchester at the curtain call tonight-maybe one of the mums of children in the cast will know? I hope so though-she was really good in the 25th Anniversary Concert in the role (and much more suitable than Taylor Swift!)
lilacspanishsun
BRIT Award

Post by lilacspanishsun »

thats whats my DS said when he rang to wish good night after tonight show - they had just finished taking their bows when Cameron Mackintosh announced at the end of the show.
Very pleased for her - she is amazing as Nancy!!
OutoftheShadows
BRIT Award

Post by OutoftheShadows »

Josmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Josmum »

Yeah!! She was amazing in concert!! I can't wait to see her in the film. Excellent choice!!
Selina2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Selina2 »

Love this - the video of it being announced by Cameron Macintosh on the Oliver stage!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe- ... n-16829640
Lotty
BRIT Award

Post by Lotty »

What an amazing way to find out!! I'm so glad it didn't turn out to be who was rumoured in the end!