Game of Thrones

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Game of Thrones

Post by xebonykissesx »

Has anybody seen this new series on sky hd?
I have to say ive wacthed it online and think its pr etty brilliant! I remember reading about it ages ago when it was optioned for a series.
It got given the green light for a second series after the air of the first episode due to its acclaim.
Anyway i found this online http://www.tvshowauditions.info/2011/05 ... son-2.html
It looks like they are casting the second series already, has anybody got any more info? The contact details are there, as a long shot i suppose, but has anybody heard anything via agents about casting for this?
If only i could live in Ireland for a while and be an extra during the holidays... aha i must admit though, i am a sucker for anything like this, i love the medieval fantasy type stuff! I'd give anything to be dressed in the attire and surrounded by the wood and castles and horses...
Similarly i would give anything to be in anything like Rome or Spartacus, i think the sets and costume are just fantastic! Love it! =P~
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
sXOX
GRAMMY Award

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by sXOX »

i havent heard anything about it through agents, but i may aswell try applying! even though as you said its a long shot! I've never actually seen the show or read the books, i dont suppose you know what its about? x
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

It certainly is a long shot, but you never know. I think they are especially looking for extras in the areas where filming takes place.

I've only seen the first two episodes, about to watch the third now. It's about seven noble families competing for control over the Iron Throne, thus there is a lot of scheming, plotting and backstabbing! It also has the fantasy element. It's based on the books by George R.R Martin and this series is based on the first book 'A song of ice and fire'.
As i've only seen the first two episodes and hate spoilers i don't really know too much, but i've really enjoyed it so far. And apparently, as it has been commisioned for series 2 already, and series 1 has already been filmed, casting for the next series should be underway shortly.

I'm not sure whether i want to read the books or not. On the one hand i do, on the other hand i don't want to ruin the show halfway through, as i prefer not to know what is going to happen next! So i've no idea of characters or anything or any parts that they will be looking for.
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

auditions for this start tomorrow
sXOX
GRAMMY Award

Post by sXOX »

thanks irishdancer, is there any chance you know roughly what ages/characters they are casting?
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

no do not no just no some one involved with casting he said he is not sure what sex or age yet expect they will look for adults first and then then kids
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

Thanks irishdancer. I thought casting would be soon, but not as soon as tomorrow!

Anybody read the books and know about characters? I might check out imdb posts, but i dont want to read any spoilers, and without sounding chidish, posters on that site can be rather mean with spoilers #-o
sXOX
GRAMMY Award

Post by sXOX »

xebonykissesx did you apply for this in the end?
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

No, i didn't in the end. Did you? did anybody else?
Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

Post by Jellybabies »

has anyone heard anything about auditions for the next series that films this Summer?
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

I would get in touch with the cd and ask xx
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1