Horrible story

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Horrible story

Post by JTBmum »

My horrible story of the day was told to me by my dd who is at a well known London Theatre school. One of the graduating male musical theatre students was offered a role as lead understudy in a new musical opening in August. After he had celebrated and told his family and friends and announced it on facebook he was telephoned by the CD the next day to say they had made a mistake and cast too many people and took it away from him. How sad is that! ](*,)
janine

Re: Horrible story

Post by janine »

A perfect example of how very very cruel this industry can be!!! {evil} Why oh why do we put ourselves & our children through it??......... Oh yes because the 'ups' are simply fantastic!!! :D
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

The trouble is u do n ot no who is looking on Facebook and other sites most companys do not want the actors they pick to talk too much so some one who is offered a part it might get taken away becaue the production companys have heard that the actor is talking too much, a lot of companys do a google surch and see if some one has been talking about there film/tv/theatre production then they my take the role of that actor, companys like to announce to the press themselfs so if any one gets a part its best not to say any thing.
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Never thought of that :( better to keep schtum until the contract is signed
bcnups
GRAMMY Award

Post by bcnups »

If that's the case, surely they would warn the prospective signing that there is to be no leaks until the publicity machine gets on it? I am very sorry for this young person.
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

I have just had to sign a non disclosure agreement I am sure for this very reason. If they were more common it would help people not make mistakes like this.
Mimi-cat
BRIT Award

Post by Mimi-cat »

I must admit, we never divulge anything, I always have this thing about "jinxing" it :-$ Also I know of mums that have gate-crashed castings etc by reading status' on Fb and posts on other forums then just turning up or emailing the CD's. Personally I would never dream of doing that but some mothers .... they are def pushy [-X
tjacks55
Nominee

Post by tjacks55 »

You cant never go and start spreading these things around unless the contract is signed! But he's young cant really hold that against him...I guess it was not meant to be;) :-({|=
sXOX
GRAMMY Award

Post by sXOX »

I've had this exact thing happen to me! :( I had signed all the forms etc, got the time off school and got licenses, but then at the last minute the cut my character and several others from the script! Luckily I hadn't told many people or posted it online so it wasnt a big mess, but it was for 'The Duchess' with Keira Knightley in it, which would have been such a nice thing to be in! :)
Last edited by sXOX on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coco
GRAMMY Award

Post by Coco »

Oh sXoX how rotten for you ! You must be awfully good though to have been chosen for the role, so I'm sure you will have plenty of other opportunities in the future !
bcnups
GRAMMY Award

Post by bcnups »

I'm like you mimi, I am superstitious, and whilst full of pride at dgd's achievements, don't post anything on her blog until after she's done the work, just in case I jinx it. I can sympathise with roles disappearing from the script. Also, the horror of what gets edited out in post production, just when you thought it was there! This is a strange business.
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Yes, I am very sorry you had that experience. That must be so disappointing. Hope something good comes along soon!
sXOX
GRAMMY Award

Post by sXOX »

thanks all of you :) yes i was pretty gutted - fingers crossed for the future though!
Fruitcake
GRAMMY Award

Post by Fruitcake »

This happened to a girl DS knew. She was cast in and filmed a featured role in a scene of a very high profile feature film with an extremely high profile young actor.

She organised a big party and outing to the cinema with all her friends to see the film when it was released, and they all sat through the whole film, only to find her whole scene had been cut. How horrible.

Let's hope there's something fab just around the corner for you, sXOX.
Don't count your chickens until the contract's in your hand!
snookienoo
BRIT Award

Post by snookienoo »

This happened to me twice, middle child was cut out of a BBC Drama after telling everyone he was in it! I'm sure no one believed that he had actually done it but luckily the director sent us his piece so he could show it. Then eldest DS was in Captain America, went to the cinema but we didn't see him in it, luckily we didn't tell that many people about that one ! The last two adverts they've been in you can hardly see them! It's a tough old business! :roll: