Local Theatre Group Opportunities

Good news, hopes and dreams

Moderator: busybusybusy

esmum
GRAMMY Award

Local Theatre Group Opportunities

Post by esmum » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:00 am

Been a very long week, last show for now, CHICAGO, this evening. As all parents with performers will know when school/college involved too. I've been in this group for at least 7 years, if not more. This Mum has now handed over all of the opportunity reins to her now College Ed daughter, like I had a choice :D This group has been amazing, especially in the very early years when I was absolutely green and with a performing 9 year old that I had no idea how to help her get any opportunities. I just wanted to say, we have had some amazing opportunities and experiences - a few of which came absolutely 100% through this group. Just wanted to pass on to any 'newbies' that you won't go far wrong by always exploring all of the local theatre opportunities available to you too, alongside professional work, these opportunities go hand in hand in our experience. Local Theatre Groups have been invaluable training in our house. Here is my Dd's very latest local opportunity. Hope you enjoy and congratulations to them all for CHICAGO - Dylan Thomas Theatre Swansea =D> https://www.facebook.com/Tracey.Lethbri ... 631838181/

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Local Theatre Group Opportunities

Post by riverdancefan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Wow what a voice! =D>
I agree with you, my son has had some amazing am dram roles, in really very professional productions, Seussical, Honk, Hairspray...loved them all and he made lots of contacts.
Kids may not fit the strict height criteria for the West end but if they love to perform, there are SO many other opportunities that rely on their ability to play the part rather than their hair colour.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE

RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Re: Local Theatre Group Opportunities

Post by RoseTowers4 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Absolutely agree about exploring local opportunities. I've got kids that have been fortunate enough to have done both local and West End, professional and amateur. I can absolutely say that they have gained from all the opportunities. They were extremely lucky to be in the right height bracket for the professional shows (not sure about the hair colour) but also given fantastic opportunities locally and in school as well. The school performances were usually the most fun!