Help nerves

Good news, hopes and dreams

Moderator: busybusybusy

lucyc
Nominee

Help nerves

Postby lucyc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:00 pm

I'm new to this forum. My son has a film audition on Thursday. How do I deal with MY nerves and not pass them on to him?

ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Help nerves

Postby ScoobyDoo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Best of luck to your son, we have all been there with the nerves and I still get twitchy when my son has an audition. For us I find that just pouring our energy into ensuring he knows his script well is a good channel for (my!) nerves. Just know the words, do not get too detailed about a particular way of delivering as sometimes they want it done differently, then it is really hard for the actors to change if they are drilled in a particular delivery. As long as he goes in and greets the casting director confidently, and shows he has done the work, he will be just fine :)

RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Postby RoseTowers4 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:40 pm

I know it's hard but try not to quiz the kid afterwards - I've done it before and it doesn't help :roll:

Now I just ask if they've enjoyed it and tell them that is what is important. Too late to change anything anyway and it only makes them worry about the next one.

Good luck :)

lucyc
Nominee

Postby lucyc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks so much for the advice!

Pandora II
BRIT Award

Postby Pandora II » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Water, headache tablets, fully charged phone on the day...

I tuck myself in a corner and have a couple of friends who do virtual handholding and take my mind off things when I'm sitting there.

I've never minded the ones where they are in and out on the day and you wait to hear later, it's the ones with on the day recalls that stress me.

DD is always super calm and makes me feel even worse for being nervous. She does like to be prepared so we try and find somewhere for a quick run through and warm up before we go in.

I don't ever teach ways of saying things - just make sure everything is memorised. We will also look at the whole story for whatever the part is (if possible) so she has correct context and an idea about the character.

Good luck (gin on return also helps!)

x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Postby x_sugarplumfairy_x » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 pm

How did he get on? fingers crossed for you!
My daughter had a screen test today for a feature film- its the final stage after months of self tapes and auditions! so im also feeling the nerves too and found this really helpful :) xx

ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Postby ScoobyDoo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Best of luck for your daughter sugarplumfairy. Hope she gets it xx

x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Postby x_sugarplumfairy_x » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:29 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:Best of luck for your daughter sugarplumfairy. Hope she gets it xx

Aww thanks so much! she had a brilliant time! so now just keeping fingers tightly crossed for a confirm! xx

ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Postby ScoobyDoo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:26 am

We will cross our fingers too xx Let us know if it is good news :)

Return to “Good Luck and Congratulations!”