Mad Fish, Brown and Mills or Broad International??

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Aspiringactress2019
Nominee

Mad Fish, Brown and Mills or Broad International??

Post by Aspiringactress2019 »

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and my DD has been offered rep by Broad International and BAM and has also been invited to go to a workshop for Mad Fish Management. Katy from Broad seemed very genuine and experienced over the phone and apparently gets all the castings in the UK due to her experience and seems to have done some great stuff, but I know BAM and Mad Fish have a better name.

We are a bit stuck with who to go with and any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks alot!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: Mad Fish, Brown and Mills or Broad International??

Post by ACookie »

My gut reaction was Brown and Mills... However its probably not that simple. Have you had a discussion with each about what type of work they see your DD being submitted for? Have you had the opportunity to tell them what she is interested in? Do you know how many girls of a similar age and look each has on their books - too much internal competition is not a great thing as you'll struggle to be submitted. Have you met them, auditioned for them? I'd never join an agency without doing these things. You want them to really know your DD and so be invested in submitting her for the very best fit castings.
I've never heard of Broad International and to be honest you can't see too much on their website, but that doesn't mean they aren't good. I've heard mixed reviews on Mad Fish but no personal experience.
Not being much help in giving advice about these particularly agencies, sorry 😂 but hopefully some food for thought.
Aspiringactress2019
Nominee

Re: Mad Fish, Brown and Mills or Broad International??

Post by Aspiringactress2019 »

Thank you so much for the advice, I did call the agent from Broad and we spoke about what DD was interested in and what experience she had etc and wants us to meet. BAM wants us to attend a workshop to meet them where we sign up for spotlight and get headshots etc. but we haven’t really spoken before that. Mad Fish have also invited my DD to an audition but we haven’t properly spoken to them either.

The problem is that Mad Fish will probably not get back to us with if my DD’s been accepted before the workshop with BAM since they are on the same day and we are kind of stuck with what to do!

When meeting with them I will bring up the things you mentioned so thanks for your help!